I'm back

Hi everyone,

(Sorry if there are two messages. I think the first one I tried to send got screwed up.)

About a year ago I sold my 58 bug, and also stopped reading ramva. Well In about a week I'll be picking up my "new" 1963 11 window microbus.

I'm really excited about it. It needs a lot of work, so I'm sure I'll be here a lot asking a bunch of questions.

Cheers, Micah

Reply to
Micah Gorrell

Welcome back, Micah. I remember the '58 - wasn't it sort-of an orange or peach color?

I was away for several months and recently started hanging around here again, also.

Look forward to pics of the bus!

Reply to
Malcolm

Yeah, it was the Peachy/orange coloured one.

I'll be posting a lot of pics of the bus on

as soon as I get it. There are a bunch of pics of the '58 on there, and of the '66 I had before that. There are a bunch of me and the "trouble and strife" too.

You're from alabama? My wife grew up in albertville. We got married in Guntersville.

Reply to
Micah Gorrell

Micah Gorrell wrote in news:ineedsleep- snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

> as soon as I get it. There are a bunch of pics of the '58 on there, and

"trouble

Whoa, that is very close to me. Guntersville is only 30 minutes away from my home. Where do you live now?

Reply to
TerryB

Draper Utah

Long way from Alabama hehe. I grew up here, she grew up there. I'd love to move to Alabama some day, but I have a really good job here.

Reply to
Micah Gorrell

Well, I'm not originally from here, but this is where I live now.

Reply to
Malcolm

We're going to be there for about a week in may. Maybe we'll run into each other while I'm there hehe.

Reply to
Micah Gorrell

Micah Gorrell wrote in n

Lived here all my life ( can't ya tell ). You will have to like suffering from allergies if you live in the Northern part of Bama. I love this time of year, but the pollen is killer right now.

I wish there was some VW show during that time, we could meet up at the show.

Reply to
TerryB

Welcome back Micah... not that I still come in here all that often, but I still check in every now and then :-D

Reply to
VWGirl

Yeah, it would be pretty sweet if there was a show then. Oh well.

You'll have to let me when there are good shows in bama. My wife always wants an excuse to go "back home".

Reply to
Micah Gorrell

Hey Lauren!

How many bugs do you have now? hehe

Reply to
Micah Gorrell

ummmm.... you gotta make me think.... i have 16 vw's... i think half are bugs? no... i think 7 are... and i found another vw down the street just today :-D my bf wouldnt let me stop to talk to the owner and try and make it mine... probably a good thing though :-D

Reply to
VWGirl

wow! Thats ummm... way too many hehe. I haven't even got one right now. I was hoping to pick up the bus today, but my check from selling stock hasn't shown up yet, so its looking like it'll have to wait until tommorow, unless the mail man makes it here before noon. He's a lazy sob though, so I doubt it.

Reply to
Micah Gorrell

hmmm i went and posted pics on my website, numbered and named all the cars and then recounted... and it is 8 beetles... 9 aircooled total...

the pics are not great... but out here inthe woods you cant get dsl ;-) I'll edited it and make it pretty later... i have way to many pics and no longer have a real photo editor. I need a new job so I can afford such luxuries! But I am working on it... may have one on monday... I Hope!!!

Reply to
VWGirl