Good Source for hubcaps -67 beetle ??

can't seem to find original or original looking wheel covers anywhere. Could use some help on the best place to look ? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks/

Reply to
maddog

Didn't get a response, but found a source which I'll post in case anyone else is looking:

Mid America Motorworks in Il., big section of VW parts with lots of goodies.

Reply to
maddog

The "new" ones you can get are of awful quality. It's best to get a set of originals and have them rechromed.

Try eBay or TheSamba, there always seems to be a few on there.

-- Howard Rose

1966 Volkswagen Beetle 1300 1962 Austin Mini Seven
Reply to
Howard Rose

Thanks for the response Howard. The "project" I'm working on is in rough shape and it will be many months before I have to worry about hub caps - but figured it might take time to find. I do have two originals (center cap only, no trim rings) which will require re-chrome, guess I'll keep my eyes open for two more.

Reply to
maddog

The aluminium trim rings aren't standard - they where a dealer accessory. I had them on my car, but after I spent ages painting the wheels I felt it was a shame to put them back on! So I just stuck with the hub-caps and put the trim rings in the garage.

You can buy the trim-rings new, but I have no idea of the quality.