Hard start relay

Has anyone seen the hard start relays that JC Whitney has been advertising? Exactly how do they work?

Reply to
twofattwofly

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:07:12 GMT, "twofattwofly" shared the following:

Joey/Chris, I believe this is your cue. :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

This subject gets covered about every two weeks in this group! If you search archives for this group in Google, you'll find an in-depth analysis or two or forty! The idea is that the starter doesn't turn over because there is too much loss in the wiring from the back to the front (switch) and back again. The relay takes very little current to activate and sends the battery power directly to the solenoid (which is a relay in itself.) The controversy is that if you did the proper maintenance on your wiri, connectors, switch, etc. that you would not need the relay. The other reason for using them is if the solenoid is dirty inside or worn enough that it requires a little 'extra' voltage than it would get with the normal loss on twenty-some feet of thirty-year-old wiring. It buys you time. Usually.

been advertising?

Reply to
Busahaulic

advertising?

..................And then when he's finished, we'll hear an a stern lecture from our leader..........El Supremo de Scandinavia.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

To make a long story short, Bosch makes the kit and it works very well. Installs in minutes.

Reply to
Kafertoys

no thanks..i've bought the last acvw i'll ever buy so the chances of it affecting me are very slim....so have at it...everyone hack up their wiring...i don't care....woot woot...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

On 11 Nov 2003 02:51:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comPANTS (Chris Perdue) shared the following:

Savin' up for a Jeep, eh? ;-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

nope....already done that too....i'm thinking kitcar with a full tube chasis....so ovbiously i would be doing all the electrical from scratch and a previous hack ( i mean owner) wouldn't effect me....