heating the bolt

Neither do I or I wouldn't admit that my carb just caught on fire while trying to restart the beast in the garage. :-) I'm thinking timing way too far advanced, intake valve still open while piston near bottom of intake stroke, plug fires, POOF! Carb on fire. I'll retard it some before messing any more with it. Almost got it running... Actually did get it to run for about 2 seconds after disengaging the starter, but the fire thing kinda made me ready to call it a day. :-O

Oh, I didn't know that it was standard procedure to spray gas out of your engine with a cigarette in your mouth. Can you outline your procedure for shaving with a straight razor and for crossing a busy street for me now? I need a laugh. :-)

That's me, a menace to society!

Took me about one minute after I actually doubted myself for a second. Once I realized that there was actually a remote possibility I may have hooked up the wires wrong it was a breeze to correct the mistake.

*cough* *sputter* I have excuses for that but um... Instead I'll plead ignorance to what you're talkin' about. Whatchutalkin'bout, Mr Bentwrench?!?!? Nevermind... Don't answer that, or if you do then don't forget to mention the dipstick thing. Spend your time more wisely by doing something like painting those porch steps on the porch you've been working on for the last 10 years or so. :-)

"I can hammer it back into shape later." :wq!

Reply to
Shaggie

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:13:33 -0400, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

have you been dropped on that big ugly head of yours too many times? do yourself and any closeby neighbors a big ass favor...tune in to "two guys garage" on a weekly basis on "spike tv"...maybe then they can show you step by step how to set up your timing for initial start, so you don't burn up the jeep you just fixed the fire damage on, and your entire house and possibly one of the hoity-toity neighbors houses...

NO, but maybe i can point you to "LVA"'s website...they are "literacy volunteers of Americal", maybe they can teach you some reading comprehension....i expected more out of a high and mighty colege edumacated man, like yourself....i guess the next line you quoted was worded so that you could not get it:

if the shoe fits lace that bitch up and take a walk....

after you actually "doubted" yourself?...does that translate into "after Chris repeatedly harped on the fact that it is very easy to get it mixed up"?

the dipstick that you couldn't work, and thus broke off at the block?

i bought my house almost 8 years ago....Maybe Gary can help you with your old and failing memory...he messed with me over those steps...so he probably can remember how long it has been...

BUT would that shape you hammer it into have even a slight resemblance to the shape it started as?

JT(who would ask you about adjusting valves on my motorcycle, but i believe yours are the screw type and mine are "bucket and shim" style, but i remember that you screwed that up too...)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Oh, is that where you pick up your handy tips? It's all becoming clear now...

Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning that to me. Are you almost ready to take your GED test yet?

I guess I should have taken a course in child eduaction or something. That would enable to me to interact more efficiently with people like you, and understand your stumbling, bumbling attempt at expression through a written language.

I never argued this point, but for some reason (*cough cough* your iq being less than 80 may have something to do with it *cough cough*) you continue to talk about it. Hang on, I'll be right back. I'm gonna go tell the tree in the backyard that I'd like it to make me a cup of coffee and see if I can get a better response out of it than you're giving me.

No, it's just that unlike yourself I don't make mistakes on a daily basis so I'm not used to doubting myself all of the time like you do. For instance when it's Friday night and you sit there thinking "Oh, golly! Did I forget to take my Friday night bath again!?!?" Or "Ah, shucks, I was a-listenin' to thu NASCAR race on muh port-a-bul radio and missed that last one... Did that guy up front thar say G-3? Cuz if'n he did then.... BINGO!!!"

You really shouldn't flatter yourself to the point that I have to inform you that your lucrative real-estate transactions have not been the focus of my attention at any point during my life.

Possibly, but only if I wanted to and I usually don't. :-)

Yeah, I blame Muir on that one, but don't ask why. Now why not turn the tv channel away from SPIKE and try to find a home improvement show that covers the basics of painting your porch steps so you can get that done. I'm sure they'd be GLAD TO HELP! :-D

"I can hammer it back into shape later." :wq!

Reply to
Shaggie

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 07:32:56 -0400, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

no i pick up nothing from you...as a matter of fact if i just do the exact opposite of what you do, then all will turn out well...

No but a very good friend of mine managed to graduate from highschool while reading on a third grade level...they helped him...i didn't figure, based on your lack of reading comprehension, that it would be that odd that you graduated from college without actually being able to read...

my "expression" is fine, it is your lack of ability to understand the written language that is the problem...you seem to suffer from "i'm better" syndrome...trust me "buddy" you are not better....there are plenty of places you could improve...

that's odd, you usually have no problem arguing something that you can't win...

maybe you should lay off the jim beam, then you won't have the desire to talk to inatimate objects?

you are a funny guy...once again you fail to understand that while viewing your pictures while you were *begging* for help, i was not doubting *ME* or my abilities i was pointing out that you don't even have enough mechanical knowledge to properly set YOUR firing order...no doubt here that isn't directed straight at some alcoholic mechanic wannabe....

i don't play bingo, thanks, and i take my "all over" bath on sundays...right after the NASCAR race....it *does* get kinda hard to remember during the off season though...

Nor are yours, yet we all here at RAMVA were subjected to the whole "experience" when you bought your new house...must have been your first purchase, judging by the way you acted...congrats, welcome to adulthood...

yep...typically what someone would say when they f*ck it up..."UM, i

*meant* to do that..."

why would you use a Muir book to adjust the valves on your motorcycle...jeeze you are an amateur...BTW i don't watch "spike" tv, except on weekends(plenty of good "carguy" shows, maybe you could learn something...doubt it, since you know it all already) i am more of a "speedchannel" type guy....i get paid to build things Travis, i am the equivalent of the fellow YOU paid to build YOUR new deck....that guy is me...i don't need any home improvement shows...but we are not here to talk about YOUR lack of abilities now are we? OH wait, THAT is *exactly* what i have been pointing out...my bad...

JT I live in my own world, but its *okay*, they know me here..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I meant picking it up from the tv. It's clear you didn't read what I wrote/typed.

*golf clap for your friend*

Thank you for your analysis of the situation. Now let me pay you for what it's worth. Here's $0.00. *hands NOTHING to 'Joey'*

I think Jim Beam is a good bourbon for the $. I drink it. When I want to. Do you have a problem with that? Then move to a country where people restrict stuff like that. It's very simple. I like bourbon. I drink bourbon. You like to whine about me drinking bourbon. You whine. Any questions? Please raise your hand. In the meantime if I feel like having a Jim and Coke then guess what. I will. :-)

You continue to blah blah about alcohol. Are you trying even harder than I have to paint the picture of me being a laid-back guy who will drink a beer or sip/guzzle some whiskey whenever he wants to? I know what a firing order is and how to set it up. PS- You never helped me set up my plug wires right. You love to post links to google posts where you did this or someone did that. Post one where you told me the correct figing order. If you can. You can't. ;-) Just trying to save you some time.

Sometimes these things just write themselves. :)

Oh. I'm sorry to share my wins with you along with my losses. My bad. I hope to share some more wins soon. heh heh

Let me tell you the same thing I tell people who are severly overweight (and you might qualify). LIGHTEN UP.

I said DON'T ask, Nancy.

Bullsh*t. You told me before to tune in on a Jeep epsiode while it was going on you LIAR. hahahaha!

Ah, retracting a statement you made again...

Clearly if you can still afford to be online then you're getting overpaid. heh heh

Nah, he did a GOOD job.

Yes. Your bad. Now go paint those steps. *wipes tear from eye from lauging so hard*

"I can hammer it back into shape later." :wq!

Reply to
Shaggie

Reply to
ilambert