Herbie

When the New Beetle came out, we thought that it might increase the interest in Aircooleds and raise the values. Instead all we got was a kick in the A** from VWoA. I wonder if it will be cool to drive an Aircooled after Lindsay Lohan drives one in the movie.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

It's always been cool to drive one.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

In my opinion,if someone is driving a classic VW to be cool then they are driving it for the wrong reason. Sorry to copy Tony, but...

*BURP*
Reply to
Shag

Bill has been around for a long time.... I suspect he mean "cool with VWoA".

... but anyway, if he did not, the only way it would be cool to drive an ACVW is for it to be winter ;)..... Here in TX right now it is anything but "cool". (That is why I drive my bug to work at 5 AM and try to slip out before 4 PM... park in the shade at work, etc... so it is a little cooler.) Sure wish my wife had supported me in buying that '71 SB two years ago... had everything but a good compressor (and engine tin) A/C-wise..... would have been a good summer car. Just because we have 6 cars right now..... shesh. She has more pairs of shoes than that! ;)

Reply to
KWW

Well, Cool or not, I just love my VW even with it sitting in the yard growing grass/weeds around it. Soon to change though!!

I took the family to see the Herbie movie Sat. afternoon. IMHO, it was almost as good as the old movies. Very entertaining and My 5yr old was absolutely beside himself with glee!! He may very well be the biggest Herbie fan I know! If you like the old Herbie movies, you should like this one. Not alot of other VW action in the movie, saw one older junker in the background of one garage scene, a couple new beetles and one of the new VW SUV's. (I will not even attempt to spell its name)

Some very good music (Van Halen- Jump), one of my fav's!! The theater must have known I like my music loud. LOL

I would give it two thumbs up.

Reply to
TerryB

I saw it Saturday too, and I thought it was entertaining. I don't understand all the movie reviewers like Ebert and Roper slamming the movie. Sure it's corny, but at least it is a fun movie. And Lindsey Lohan is not difficult on the eyes either.... hee hee...

Lynn

1974 Super
Reply to
Lynn Martin