Hey Florida VW owners, A Oil ?

I have a 1966 bug nearly stock 1600 motor I had shipped here Vero Beach ,FL from Washington state . Most cars here are running 10-30 oil when doing an oil change what are we using down in the south here?

Thanks Tony

1966 1300 Beetle restored and a show winner 1960 singlecab needs to be restored runs in WA. possably for sale very little rust .

remove nospam to reply

Reply to
T & L

20W50 Some decent brand. Valvoline Racing works for me.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Thanks ! The waterpumpers are using 10-30 so 20/50 would be the choice for aircooled ? That is what I used in California .

Reply to
T & L

Once I used 20 w50 in cold weather. When I started my '73 beetle, the oil filter imploded and mad a big oily mess on the driveway. Also the oil cooler started leaking at the oil seals. I think it was because of the cold thick oil. So, in Winter, I use Castrol 10 w40. Actually, in cold weather I use one quart synthetic Castrol 10 w40 and

1 3/4 quarts conventional Castrol 10 w40, plus about 4 ounces of Marvel Mystery oil. In warmer weather I will use Castrol 20 w50.
Reply to
Loosenutbehindthewheel

Here in east central Florida it hardly gets cold maybe down to the mid 40's for a few days at a time in the winter . But then I am driving the Cabrio waterpumper .

Tony

Reply to
T & L