Hot Crankshaft Pulley

Hi my crankshaft pulley is getting hot, a little too hot to touch when i drive aound three miles, what could be the cause?

Reply to
camus

Hi my crankshaft pulley is getting hot, a little too hot to touch when i drive aound three miles, what could be the cause?

Reply to
camus

Heat.

Reply to
Rebecca

If the following are true:

Spark plug color does not indicate too lean or too rich running. Timing is set correctly and vacuum advance is connected and working. Cooling flaps and thermostat assembly are installed and working. All cooling tin and OEM (non-aftermarket) fanshroud are present and sealed.

then, I would not worry.

otherwise, worry.

What kind of VW do you have?

-GE

Reply to
geoffers

Is your fan belt slipping? That might cause it to get a bit hot. Otherwise check to make sure the engine isn't running to hot.

Reply to
Kevin

Reply to
bugman1955