hubcap/centercap

Hi all,

Just back from my holiday. When i drove my bug home from my inlaws place yesterday, i lost my left hubcap, it happened twice before on the right side but now it happened on the left side. They are the stock hub for a 4 bolt steel rim. I got them back every time, but it still is annoying. Today i took them all off and like the looks the way it is now. However the nut and spline in the back are exposed as is the speedo in front. are there center caps that fit on the wheels?

I found this on the internet:

If i read it correct, it'll fit, am i right? If so, do i have to fit it from the inside out?

Thanks in advance, Roger

Reply to
bug '59

I have those on my 69 Bug. The caps just fit real snug over the lug bolts, and the center cap will require you to remove your wheel, so you're right, from the inside out.

-Rob

bug '59 wrote:

Reply to
Rob J

"Rob J" schreef in bericht news:mZ6dnXUWarn4TH7ZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Thanks Rob, that's what i hoped. Will get them asap.

Cheers, Roger

Reply to
bug '59

I'm curious as to how you're losing hubcaps. Rough road?

Reply to
jeckler

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com...

Funny you ask, but I have no clue.

first time when cornering, second on a slightly bumpy road (same day, same hub) thirth time when slowing down for a round about (nearly stoot still when it came off)

I *think* because of bad quallity. ..OR...The rims are re-sprayed once so maybe the 'edge' where the hub hook into is filled with paint..?

The bug is lowered and in the back the rims are wider so imo with the hubs it looks a little dull (specially in the front). So I like it this way better, just have to put on some center cabs to keep out the dirt.

Roger

Reply to
bug '59