I'm stumped...

Last night, well I did something stupid. I walked off and left the key in my '67 turned to the power position. I figured it out when I walked out to put the car in the garage. Though the battery wasn't totally dead, it was to low to crank her over. I pushed the car into the grage and hooked up the charger. Once the battery was charged, I went to start the car - and rrrrr,rrrrr,rrrr - but no start. I took the battery to AutoZone this morning, and it checks out ok. The engine just won't fire up. Up until the leaving the key in the ignition, the car starts right up. I mean, right up. Never any hesitation - now it won't start. Any clues?

Tom Shelton

Reply to
Tom Shelton

D&LBusch

Reply to
Ben Boyle

See the article on my web site: "Why won't my engine start?" Step-by-step tests on the ignition.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Your points, condenser, or coil is fried. Thankfully, all are easy fixes!

~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Replying to myself to say thanks to all. I will have to get out and test this sucker on saturday :)

Reply to
Tom Shelton

Careful talking to yourself... Next thing you know, you'll be buying a Dremel tool to make some small modifications to your VW. :)

Reply to
Shaggie

(Putting down Dremel tool) "Huh?"

Reply to