I miss this place

The people, the knowledge, the bickering, all of it. There will never again be the RAMVA that once was. Just want to all to know that I love and miss you all
<3
VWGirl wrote:

VWGirl, VWGoddess, Jan, SpeedyJim, VeeDubber, Me, John Conally, the other John and many that I've no doubt forgotten to mention... many of us are still around. The only one I'm certain won't drop in anymore is Bob Hoover - a legend in his own time.
Still, I profoundly feel what you're saying. It was like a prohibition speakeasy. Subtle, intimate, profound.
I do miss it over forum-anonymity.
Good to see you're still around. Watcha drivin' these days?
Chris
BTW:
Whatever happened to the guy out in Vegas? Forgive me, I've drawn a blank, but I met him once IRL.
guy in vegas? not a clue
I am driving a 2002 jetta wagon at the moment... this thing has something they call air conditioning? never heard of it before. weird stuff!
i need to put an aircooled back on the road... aside from my 64 notch... and need to find the keys to my 78 westy as it is campin time!
i just miss what we had going on 10 years ago... when i could sit in front of ramva for hours. i guess nothing is ever quite the same as it once was.
Google says: "Did you mean Hair Conditioning?"
Though I confess that, living in miami, I would DIE to have AC in the Ghia.
Campin' time? Ours just ended, when nighttime temps hit 80 again.
Good to see you active here.
Chris
VWGirl wrote:

On Wednesday, 24 April 2013 13:25:30 UTC+12, VWGirl wrote:

the RAMVA that once was. Just want to all to know that I love and miss you all <3
The place is still here... kinds, it's just in a different place :-)
It's the people that have gone.
Back in the day, there wasn't much besides RAMVA... Now there is an over-abundance of forums to choose from. They seem to be a lot more "Nationalised" rather than an international place.
I guess we're all looking at it through rose tinted glasses a bit too, plus I was only a spring chicken when I read RAMVA all those years ago... I'm 34 now. Practically a different person!
On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:25:30 PM UTC-4, VWGirl wrote:

the RAMVA that once was. Just want to all to know that I love and miss you all <3
It was Eric A. in Vegas he moved to Salt lake to work with John C but after finding out what type of person he was moved on but is still in that area.
Chris I'm surprised that I haven't seen more Aircooled VW's running around during the winters while I'm there.
VWGirl As I said not long ago I think alot of people were just here to try to bash me, and couldn't handle the truth that I did nothing wrong and now enjoying retirement.
lets see how this gets things going...lol
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Eric Allred!That's it! Good memory, thanks. Hadn't heard anything about John C.
Speaking of Johns, where's JohnHenry?
Chris
On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:25:30 PM UTC-5, VWGirl wrote:

On a whim I just did a search for this group. Looks like this thread is pretty dated. I was here back in the 00s as well. Its good to see a few names to jog my memory.
I still receive notifications of postings but it isn't the same. Jan Anderson is on Facebook. So are aome of the other old faces.
I don't know how I just arrived here ? .. anyway , very surprised to see anyone still posting ! Most of my cars ar still VW .. incl the 924's ! lol and , yep , I miss this place too !
I am still around, but now VWs at the moment. Not aircooled, but have owned a 07 Honda Element for the last 8 years. I have gotten back into bicyclin g and camping and the use the Element as a camper and bike hauler. Do miss the glory days of Ramva around the time of Y2K. It was a great group of ACV W enthusiast at the time and may never be repeated or replicated on the web based forums. Anyone remember the New Years Eve 24 hour VW chat. I think t hat Jan Andersson acutally stayed active in the chat room for all 24 hours one year.