I miss this place

The people, the knowledge, the bickering, all of it. There will never again be
the RAMVA that once was. Just want to all to know that I love and miss you all
Reply to
VWGirl
> The people, the knowledge, the bickering, all of it. There will never > again be the RAMVA that once was. Just want to all to know that I love and > miss you all
Reply to
ChrisKlinger
guy in vegas? not a clue
I am driving a 2002 jetta wagon at the moment... this thing has something they call air conditioning? never heard of it before. weird stuff!
i need to put an aircooled back on the road... aside from my 64 notch... and need to find the keys to my 78 westy as it is campin time!
i just miss what we had going on 10 years ago... when i could sit in front of ramva for hours. i guess nothing is ever quite the same as it once was.
Reply to
VWGirl
Google says: "Did you mean Hair Conditioning?"
Though I confess that, living in miami, I would DIE to have AC in the Ghia.
Campin' time? Ours just ended, when nighttime temps hit 80 again.
Good to see you active here.
Chris

Reply to
ChrisKlinger
Eric Allred!That's it! Good memory, thanks. Hadn't heard anything about John C.
Speaking of Johns, where's JohnHenry?
Chris
Reply to
ChrisKlinger
> The people, the knowledge, the bickering, all of it. There will never again be the RAMVA that once was. Just want to all to know that I love and miss you all
Reply to
verdigo
I still receive notifications of postings but it isn't the same. Jan Anderson is on Facebook. So are aome of the other old faces.
Reply to
Kirk
I don't know how I just arrived here ? .. anyway , very surprised to see anyone still posting ! Most of my cars ar still VW .. incl the 924's ! lol and , yep , I miss this place too !
Reply to
Tricky
I am still around, but now VWs at the moment. Not aircooled, but have owned a 07 Honda Element for the last 8 years. I have gotten back into bicyclin g and camping and the use the Element as a camper and bike hauler. Do miss the glory days of Ramva around the time of Y2K. It was a great group of ACV W enthusiast at the time and may never be repeated or replicated on the web based forums. Anyone remember the New Years Eve 24 hour VW chat. I think t hat Jan Andersson acutally stayed active in the chat room for all 24 hours one year.
anyone still posting ! Most of my cars ar still VW .. incl the 924's ! lol
Reply to
Bill Berckman
ed a 07 Honda Element for the last 8 years. I have gotten back into bicycl ing and camping and the use the Element as a camper and bike hauler. Do mis s the glory days of Ramva around the time of Y2K. It was a great group of A CVW enthusiast at the time and may never be repeated or replicated on the w eb based forums. Anyone remember the New Years Eve 24 hour VW chat. I think that Jan Andersson acutally stayed active in the chat room for all 24 hour s one year.
e anyone still posting ! Most of my cars ar still VW .. incl the 924's ! lo l
Hi, Bill !! Remember the ride we took in Sharon Woods, wityh that RUF-Equi pped 998 Porsche?
Reply to
kaferdave
I remember this group close to 20 years ago... I sold a few cars here to ANT and caused a little mayhem myself. I find that some of these old groups still have people getting messages. I am trying to track down ANT the Menace - I sold him 2 cars and 1 I would like to see if I can find... It's. a chopped 64 convertible with a removable hard/soft top.
If anyone knows of Ant's whereabouts or the 64' I would love to know...
Josh
Reply to
Jroza1
There isn't much going on anymore. I have gone from a '63 daily driver to having a '64 garage queen. A quick weekend swap of a turnkey rebuild of the original motor has turned into a month and a half of (oh, that tin is missing, the generator has rotting wire insulation, wait - the heat risers are perforated, is that transmission oil leading, Where are the studs for the engine to transmission mounting, etc. Funny too how what was easy 30 years ago is a lot harder to manage now (without assistance). KW ----------------- '64 Beetle - the Blue Wave
Reply to
Kirk
Randomly remembered this group while talking about the old days.
I don't even remember what my user name was. I remember being here for hours and hours each day though!
Reply to
nicklong1220

Site Timeline Threads