Ignition Switch

Hi, I just installed a new radio that needs a constant power supply plus a switched supply. My question is, does a 1973 Super Beetle have a ACC lead on the ignition switch or not. Right now the radio will only play when the key is in the RUN position. I would like to be able to play it without the motor running or having it in the RUN position without the motor running as I know this can cause a problem. Thanks

Reply to
George

No Acc position. You have to wire both constant and switched to a fuse which is hot all the time if you want to play the radio with engine not running.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

yes,............but put a toggle switch of some kind on the Ign wire of the radio so you can turn it off properly.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

Reply to
George