IS IT THE SAME?????REPOST WITH FULL QUESTION

haha sorry guys/gals i meant to reply not to post but hey while i'm here.....i beleive i was referring to body off. i am going to remove the body from my 67 squareback, cant find any detailed info of what to do in what order, i really dont want to rely on the "remove everything and pull at it advice i have been getting, i want to do it right and seeing how it's my first body off job i dont know where to begin and where to go from there, i was told start in the front but hey theres a lot of stuff up there....eh anyways back to searching bobby

Reply to
Bobby Callahan

Hey Bobby a type 3 is much like a beetle when it comes to removing the body you have the pan to body bolts and the ridgid frame, a square back is heavy so you may want to remove things like the hood, doors and rear hatch, depending your labor force. the gas tank and steering have to be removed definetly. hope this helps

Reply to
Kafertoys

Speaking of Pans,.................I have finally removed the body from the 69 Fastback in my backyard and gotten rid of the evidence...............I have a VERY solid fastback pan that could use a home somewhere in TX.....................I will still have to remove the rear brakes stuff, but the rest is FREE if anyone wants to come and get it............no title available..............yes, that means you can have the front beem too.....................and it looks good. I kept some parts for resale and will deal on them if anyone is interetsed local. I have tried to get pricing on shipping the fenders at work, but our shipping guy has left me cold on this endeavor..........may still eventually get the price for shipping. I have a buyer IF shipping cost stays down, I think.............talk to me about little detail stuff, as I stripped the body of anything , and I mean ANYTHING that could be removed. Hinges, sliding parts, nuts bolts, steering column, I even cut the major part of the dash out for someone who may need the dash middle without cuts..............The decklid springs were toast.................small stuff I can get shipping done easily, but the big parts (hood , decklid X 2 , etc.......) will be sold locally only. Keep in mind, the original poster was talking about a Square, this is a Fastback.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®