Interesting Buggy Website.

Check out this site if you have an interest in buggys. In the 60 they had the VW powered buggies, but this site show some pre Manx buggies from the 50s that were watercooled.

Also at the same site, check out this guys 9200 original mile 72 Pinto. The guy bought the car in 1972 because he thought his Beetle was about to die. The Beetle kept on chugging, and he never drove the Pinto. Anyone who remembers the 70s can attest to some of the rusted out and holes in the floorpan Beetles that served as daily transportation for someone. Here is the link.
Berckman Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show Pictures

Bill Berckman

"Bill Berckman" wrote

I love those pictures. Great site. Thanks, Bill.

Reply to
Scott H

Yep. Very fun stuff. In the rural Midwest the same things were sometimes called Doodlebugs - having nothing to do with Bugs, either.

Reply to
jjs

Huh. I haven't heard _that_ term in a while. My older brother had a doodlebug back in Vermont 40-odd years ago. It's origins were unclear even then.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton