junk yard ghia with 24k miles

I just drove a 74 ghia that has been setting in a local junk yard for the last 15 years but last registered in 87. It seems to be all original including the thin white wall ply tires. After washing the body it looks better then most unrestored ghias I've seen. does have about a dozen surface rust spots and the rubber seals are very dry rotted. I had to replace one bent push rod and do a full tune-up plus clean the metal fuel line that runs thru the body and replace all the original fuel line. It drove like a new car everything felt tight, shifting and steering. I even got it to idle like it should.

This is going to be a very enjoyable restoration.

Mario Vintage Werks resto.

Reply to
Kafertoys

I'll take it!

LOL

I'm pleased for you; good luck.

Speedy Jim

"I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!" Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder engine.

Reply to
Speedy Jim