need hubs for a VW "Ant"(?)

No, I've never heard of one before now either. Friend of mine who doesn't have internet access has a customer that brought it in to his shop and is needing both a front and rear hub on the passenger side. According to him, it was supposedly made in Mexico and is an air-cooled front-wheel-drive flat-nosed pickup-looking thing. It has dual exhaust and appears to use same lug pattern as a late-model 5-lug bus. It has drum brakes-looks very similar in size to Rabbit drums. I'm still debating driving the 95 miles one-way just to see it. Google doesn't know what this is-could it have been called something else? Would love to see a pic just so I'd know what one looks like. Anyone? Anyone at all? TIA, Snuffy

Reply to
snuffy smiff

Ben Boyle

VW of Brazil made a front air cooled engine VW that ran alcohol fuel. I don't know it it was a front wheel drive or not. I believe it was a

1200cc and will check if anyone wants more details.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Ben, That looks like what he described. Now any idear where he can find the needed hubs near Atlanta GA? (snerk!) Thanks, Snuffy

Reply to
snuffy smiff

Dennis, I got no clue. According to him, the owner claims it's from Mexico-dunno if if it's the same or similar as the Brazillo-made one or not. Couldn't hurt, but I reckon getting parts from there will be just as difficult as from Mexico. From what I can find and translate, they stopped building these Ants or Hormigas around 1985. And prolly as difficult to get parts for as my 86 Passat(Quantum) Syncro Wagon. Know of any fuel pump mounts anywhere?(they're specific to this vehicle only-GGRRRR!!!!) Thanks Snuffy

Reply to
snuffy smiff