keeping RAMVA alive ?

how about we 're-post' threads from the past ?

I have seen the RAMVA FAQ - but never here !

maybe some of the 'sermons' could be reposted or linked to

links to helpfull sites like Aircooled.net, bugshop, speedy's pages, bugfuel's pages, camobug adventures, bobs blog, bug cut in half (remember that one) etc etc..

what do you think ?

can it be revitalized ? or is it flogging a dead horse !

I know the story about new fangled forums and such - but we could 'promote' this group in our sigs etc when we post elsewhere. alot of peeps dont know what usenet is - its not just that they dont like it .

this was my 1st aircooled vw resorce I used and still where I consider 'home'

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Here's a classic:

:-D

Reply to
Scott H

classic:

Yep, thats a classic alright.

Reply to
Randy

Now that the TV writers are on strike and the late night talk shows are showing re-runs, it's not a bad idea to show 're-run' threads.

Randall

Reply to
Randall Post

We could try a monthly or weekly chat session ,

Or just e-mail some of the old e-mail addresses with invites, I sure alot of past regulars can be found

TRY KEEPING THE POST AND ATTITUDES MORE POSITIVE

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

I like your idea of putting a link to RAMVA in your sig line elsewhere so that's what I've done on theSamba. May not post here often but usually do read ramva on a daily basis.

Reply to
Remco

Who remembers the cross-dressing Thing driver?:

How about the "cops want to know" thread?:
Another thread full of drivel from Mario:

Other favorites:

Do '73 Beetles have hood emblems? Should I use a hard start relay? Is it "engine" or "motor"? "Parking brake" or "emergency brake"?

:-)

Reply to
Scott H

hahahah...thanks Scott..... I remember CTJr...he was fun for a few days.... I loved his persistence

he forgot number 3...number 3 was that he would realize he knew nothing and leave the group....i guess he didn't really get it to end on his terms....shame really...

silly Scott.... i knew of one beetle(74) that had an emblem in the factory hood.......hard start relays are for quiters or those with already good operating starting systems....it's and engine, unless you need oil for it...always a parking brake, except when there is an emergency that requires it.... hehehehe

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

snipped

On the "cops want to know" thread there are 666 posts. It's an obvious example of Satanic influence that permeates RAMVA. :-P

Randall

Reply to
Randall Post

Ban or killfile anything posted by Mario, and the group will be vastly improved.

Reply to
dueprocess.scotty

LOL - maybe we could include that in the FAQ :)

Reply to
Tricky