Keeping Riser Tubes Clean

I'm cleaning out my rise tube in the SP manifold. What preventative measures can I do keep it clean besides having the engine tuned properly?

Maybe carb cleaner every month?

-- Mel P.

77 Std FI Bug & 70 Ghia Cabrio. (near completion)

PARTS FOR SALE:

Mel P.

what muffler?

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

Crud from the muffler is going to clog it up. Even if it gets clogged up, heat from the muffler should heat the heat riser and help some that way. You could get a spare intake manifold and swap it every 3 years or so.

I got a spare manifold 4 years ago but have not replaced it as of yet. My 1973 Beetle runs fine. jp 73 vw bttl

Reply to
Sleepy Joe

If the cooling system flaps and thermostat are working properly don't be too concerned about the heat riser.

Reply to
Sleepy Joe