key question on baywindows

I have a 72 bay without keys (well, only the contact key).

The local keymaster told me to take him one of the keycylinders and he wil make keys for it.

Now my question is: how may keys did these buses had originally? or in other words, if I have a key for the front doors, will it work for the engine lid and the backdoor? can he reset the cylinders so I can open all doors with one key?

thanks a lot Ant

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks but my penis, breasts and mortgage have exactly the right size. Not interested in your spam

Reply to
Ant

I believe that the same key was used for the ignition, doors, and engine lid. It took an "R" key blan, which was used from '71 to '79. They should be the same unless someone before you has changed any one of the locks, which is certainly possible.

I'm not sure what you mean by the contact key. If you didn't have the ignition key, you could have one made from one of the other lock cylinders, which is certainly easier to remove than the igniton, and then hope it fits the ignition.

Ed

Reply to
Ed

They are all the same on my 74 Kombi, except for the replaced driver's door lock. No engine hatch lock on mine. Comes with irritating single sided key that will only work one way round.

Reply to
jfmb