rear arm bolt size

Hi

Anyone knows what's the size of the big allen bolt that holds the rear arm in a '72 SB (IRS)? is it difficult to unscrew (high torque)?

thanks Ant

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks but my penis, breasts and mortgage have exactly the right size. Not interested in your spam

Reply to
Ant

...17mmm . Same as gearbox drain plugs

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

yea what gary said. Difficult, well I've always found it to be a crapshoot depending on the condition of the undercarrige. Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

It is the same size as the oil drain plug on the transmission (17 mm I believe). I used an air rachet and the hex socket sold for the drain plug socket to loosen them. Be careful not to get your fingers between the trailing arm and the rachet (very painful).

DH

Ant wrote:

Reply to
David Holland