king pins / link pins

I took the body off of my 63 beetle the other day, just to do I couple of jobs easier.

I noticed that the drivers side inner tie rod was loose, so am replacing that. Also noticed that the upper drivers side link pin has stacks of movement in it (Side to side)

Is there a way to tighten this, or am I best replacing it? Can someone give me a quick run-down on how this is done?

Cheers

What are some other tasks I should do while the body is off?

Reply to
zigford

"zigford" schreef in bericht > I noticed that the drivers side inner tie rod was loose, so am

I recon you mean movement at the upper and lower link pin? (rocking the wheel top and bottom)

If it is just play you can adjust it by loosening the 17mm bolt and tighten the linkpin (15mm? open wrench)

This might shet some light:

hth Roger

Reply to
bug '59