'63 beetle: What can a weekend warrior do to make a good front end go bad?

I rebuilt a set of king and link pin assemblies for my '63 beetle and the fiber-like washer in the king pin kit didn't fill the gap 'tween the spindle cylinder and the c'-link body. Now my used-to-drive-like-it-was-on-tracks beetle is drifting and jumping all over the road. Being as this is my first attempt, it could be a number of other things I did wrong, though I did put in new bearings, tie-rod ends, and link pin kits. What can a weekend warrior do to make a good front end go bad?

Reply to
kieran.mclaury