Losing Newsgroup Access

What do you guys use, preferably free? Comcast is getting rid of giganews service. They are basically saying it is outdated and not worth providing the service.

Reply to
Funkie

It's like $10 a year, works like a crowbar. Very reliable that is :) No attachments, no binary groups, just text.

I have been using them for years, they used to be called something else... it's the university of berlin, germany.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

news.motzarella.org need to register but it's free. very limited binanary ng.

"Funkie" wrote in message news:Mr-dnfy6GoTVfXrVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com... What do you guys use, preferably free? Comcast is getting rid of giganews service. They are basically saying it is outdated and not worth providing the service.

Reply to
NotMe

I know someone that is using Google for newsgroups since Comcast stopped .. Is that the same company that wants to charge for usage too? I heard something about them charging if you go over a certain amount of email ..

Diane

Reply to
diane whatever

I am with comcast. Years ago they outsourced usenet access and used giganews. Now they are dropping that too. They said you are welcome to continue using giganews but I would have to pay. Their plans are $7-$10 a month.

Reply to
Funkie

Thanks. I am using it now.

Reply to
Funkie

I'm considering dumping Comcast and going back to DSL for this and the bandwidth restrictions they now have too.

Reply to
David Gravereaux