Lowered 1971 Karmann Ghia

I have a 1971 LHD Karmann which has recently been lowered, front and back by a garage. The front end is fine but I have been driving it for a few weeks now and the rear has settled. Unfortunately, its too low and with 5.5" alloys the tyres rub on the inside (yes, I mean INSIDE of the the wheel arch). If I can raise the hight by about an inch or so it should be fine. I thought of maybe adding new coil over shocks to stiffen the suspension as well.

The guys who have done most of the work seem to be a little unrelaible at the moment and have let down the last three times they said they would adjust the ride height. So, I work on a three strikes and your out policy - they either want the work or they don't.

They assure me that it is not a big job to raise the rear end slightly. I have read numerous manuals, trawled the web etc and I cannot find ANY information on this procedure. Anybody got any tips?

Thanks

Mark

Reply to
MASlowhourpilot