Magnetic Oil Bolt

Does anyone know where I can get either a replacement (magnetic) bolt or entire Oil Plate for a 71 Bus? The screen doesn't look like it would trap much ;-)

Thanks,

Roger

1971 Westy (Sweet)
Reply to
Roger

just get a nice strong earth magnet and stick it to the plate...easy

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Like junkyards? You can scavenge two doughnut shaped magnets that are reasonably strong from scrapped microwaves. If you disassemble them thoroughly. The ones I've found fit nicely around the sump drain. A little epoxy for good measure and a coat of paint makes for a clean and permanent installation.

Reply to
jtbartlett

I suggest locate a similar vehicle and ( under the cover of darkness) steal the needed parts, that should do the trick. thank you for your time sir.

Reply to
fullopiss

Cool Deal... Got my big honkin magnet and stuck it up there. Don' t think I need epoxy as the thing could probably lift the engine if it werent bolted in. I figure that'll suck any metal out of there and keep my baby runnin for another 34 years...

Thanks Guys.

Reply to
Roger