$99,000 VW????

I just recieved Dec issue of Hemmings Sports and Exotic car magazine. On page 110 they show the results of the pebble beach auction and what the vehicles sold for. A 1966 westfalia unrestored in #3 condition (average) sold for $99,000. They expected $8,000. It looks good but seems weird to me. They said the price is steep, but the winner did battle with a phone bidder willing to pay almost as much. Can you guys believe it?

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Pictures and history are given on two pages at:

estimate was actually $20,000-$30,000. The selling price was $99,000 as shown on this page (scroll down to lot 38):
If that seems outrageous, by my count 34 of the 80 cars sold for $100,000 or more.

Randall

Reply to
Randall Post

The Yuppie/Investor element is bringing up the cost of the splitty busses.

Reply to
Bill Berckman