Mondays are fun

It started about a dozen years ago when I turned on the computer and found: 'When I shut off the engine there was white smoke coming from those slots on the side of my bus. Should I call the fire department or what?'

The message had been posted some hours before. I never heard from the person again and thought it was a joke.

I've always felt a private message meant just that, although when three or more people asked the same question I'd usually post a comprehensive answer, sometimes paraphrasing the original question. But over the years Mondays became rather special.

'I've never owned a VW before and have heard they leak more than other cars but can you tell me if this is normal?' Attached was a picture showing a puddle of oil under the bus... trailing down the driveway, into the gutter and along it, the Vokswagen Valdez.

A new VW owner from Florida wrote: 'I love it! I can see over most of the other cars. But at about 40 miles an hour the steering wheel shakes so bad it hurts my wrists. Are there some special gloves or something?'

'I finally found out what that green light is for. The new engine will cost more than I paid for the bus. You'd think they'd explain this better.'

'I guess you were right about the gas smell.' (Attached picture of a burned-out bug.)

'(Somebody's Mailing List) still shows your address as AOL. If you'd keep your links up to date I wouldn't need a new engine.'

Today is Monday, 10 March 2008. No, I'm not going to share it with you. But there it was :-)

Allow me to offer a hint of advice: Don't wait for Monday. Yeah, you might get yelled at -- the Internet is owned by children and can be a cruel place. But an improperly maintained vehicle is a hazard to all of us. So bite the bullet and ask.

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
Veeduber

Monday, Monday Can't trust that day Monday, Monday Sometimes it just turns out that way

"Monday, Monday" (1966) The Mamas & The Papas

Reply to
Randall Post

=2E. =2E. Bob

1) Again an excellent post... great "book of laughs".

2) I've been reading through your Hoover Sermons, and find them excellent, definitely applicable to my 35-year-old 1972 Super Beetle.

3) That internet book company did take the money from my credit card. So I trust you finally got your cheque in the mail for whatever number of people purchased the Hoover Sermons.

4) Hope also you soon find another viable methods of distributing those Sermons, both to help other VW owners, but also to assist the person who wrote them (and the other fellow who spent all the time editing/formatting them).

Best wishes, from the frigid north, where the snow banks at the end of my driveway presently are 7 feet high, yet where my 35-year-old Beetle continues to purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ross Virgin Toronto, Canada (no we don't all live in Igloos, & drive dog-sleds) =2E. =2E.

Reply to
rvirgin22