New carburettor- At least for me.

Ok James,

I will wait!

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Thanks for your offer. I will try to solve my problem locally. I can find a lot of sites with that jets on US but hard to find them in Europe

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

The rest looks so nice, you ought to wire brush the spring and paint it silver, then it would look like new!

Fweem.

Reply to
Dave Tosi

Jan is still in Finland to the best of my knowledge... Not for long though... He will be moving to the land of the.......................... OZ?

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

There, he will have a lot of beetles to mess with. I only don't know if he will have time for that :-)

I found a 127.5 main jet and I have already replaced it. I didn't test the car yet. I also replaced the air correction jet by a 110Z and adjusted the accelerator pump. Let's see! Maybe I will have to go back to the 80Z.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

I can send you more jets if you need.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hi Jan,

It would be very nice if you could do that. My issue right now is that I don't know exactly the jets I need. I was able to get a 127.5 and a

110Z but I would also like to test a 130 with a Z60 or Z80 with a pilot jet g60 or g55 . I think that it would run rich with 130 60Z and g60. I live at sea level. I also would like to know your opinion on that. Now I have 125 127.5 80Z 110Z and a g55 to mess.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

I will see what I have at the garage, I have some extras there. They might be too big for you since I got them mostly for dual solex/brosols but I'll take a look anyway. In addition I can easily get just about any size locally, brand new. I could send you a range of jets to experiment with. Shipping is probably very cheap because they don't weigh much or take space.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Thanks, I also do believe that it mustn't be expensive. If you find something let me know. You can send them for me and I can pay here for the shipping and jets. If you also have a spring for the carb let me know.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

I tested the 110Z and I have a bad flat spot so will put the 80Z back to see the difference.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Hi Jan,

It rained all night and I didn't test the X127.5 with 80Z. I do believe I have to go for the X130. I don't know the compression I have since the heads were open to 1600 but it must be high. I was able to find a g60 just to test froma Boncar. If it works I will have to find one. Maybe it works well with X127.5 80Z and g60. If not I will try to find X130. Can you help me if I need jets?

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

I just found a complete 34 pict carb from my garage just collecting dust. In fact we have several stock carbs stashed away but this one was a surprise find :D

Want it?

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Yes, I want it! I will send you an email with my address. Do you think that I need some jets for it? Today I tested the X127.5 X80 G55 and I had a flat spot from the idle. When I putted the g60 it worked very smooth. No flat spot from the idle. I only notice a very light tremble on hard load (about 2000rpm) when climbing on full acceleration in second gear. I think that it can disappear with an X130.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

I have already sent you an email but something is wrong with the address. Could you tell me your email?

TIA Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

I got it. I'll get back to you a little later today I hope, when I have the stuff out of storage

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Yesterday, I had on my hand a new Pierburg 34-pict3. One thing that I notice is that they don't put numbers on the jets. This car is a bit expensive. They also had new jets but only x127.5. I bought one just in case.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

I have the following jets:

Mains:

62 65 80 125 132.5 140 140 150 150 155 162.5 162.5 Unknown, quite big

Idle:

50 50 45

I will go to my local source and have them measure these for me, some of them may be drilled larger so the numbers no longer match. I can also get some of the missing sizes.

I'll let you know

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

oh yea, the jets in my 34 PICT 3 are:

Main: 132 Idle: 60

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

so you also using idle 60. The idle 60 isn't mine and maybe I will have to give it back. I think that I will be ok with a main 130 and a idle 60. What type of engine are you using the carb? 1600DP? Stock camshaft? I can also test a Main 132

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

New information!

I measured my jets and bought a few new ones to fill some "gaps" in the small end, and I had one reamed out to 135 which I couldn't find at all so now I have:

Mains:

62 65 80 130 130 132.5 135 140 140 150 150 160 170 170

Idle:

45 50 50 55 65

I'll be mailing them to Joao probably next week,(the carb too) unless the post office is open tomorrow. I don't know.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson