New carburettor- At least for me.

Hi Jan,

I will try not to clean it to much :-) I took about 1kg of dirty so far and that throttle shaft doesn't shake yet.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Joao,

You do not have to remove the throttle shaft or the choke plate. But do NOT soak the float, or the choke heating element.

You should remove all the jets and the emulsion tube prior to soaking.

The 2nd picture is a little blurry..is the casting damaged where the float pivot pin and retainer sits?

Chris

Reply to
Hal

Hi Chris,

Thanks for you replay. I remove all the plastic parts and the choke heating element. It looks that there is some casting damaged but it isn't true. It is some white grease. I don't know where it comes from! Even the screws don't have any marks of screwdriver. Right now the top and jets are soaking on a cookie box with paint thinner. I hope it works! I didn't found the methylene chloride.=20

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Hi Chris,

Thanks for you replay. I remove all the plastic parts and the choke heating element. It looks that there is some casting damaged but it isn't true. It is some white grease. I don't know where it comes from! Even the screws don't have any marks of screwdriver. Right now the top and jets are soaking on a cookie box with paint thinner. I hope it works! I didn't found the methylene chloride.=20

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

"clean it up real good only to find out that the only thing that was keeping the shaft bore from leaking was dirt, and the damn thing is actually just as worn as every other stock carb out there? :D

Jan "

I was thinking that this might be a possibility as well, but honestly this is a non-issue...rimco can replace the bushings for a reasonable fee and then you can put the thing back in service.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

The top part is cleaned.

The jets and the screws are also cleaned. Today I also bought a Mexican kit with the gaskets and other parts to rebuild it. A few minutes ago, I putted the body of the carburetor soaking.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

I have also thought on that, but I read a few posts saying that the new carbs are crap.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

The top looks like it cleaned up pretty good. There are some passages you should check to make sure they are clear. There are the two spray bars above the choke plate to check, and there is a passage that goes through to the choke-pull off diaphragm(it's the triangle cover with 3 screws). You can give those the wd-40 and/or carb cleaner test to ensure they are not plugged up.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

I made some progresses on the carb as you can see.

.=2E.and yes, I forgot to remove that jet. The main jet (125) and the Air correction (80) were 50% blocked with white grease. Tomorrow I will blow all the passages and jets with an air compressor. Today I used carb cleaner on them. I think that the shaft is quite good, because I can only feel a small clearance between 0.05 and 0.1 mm.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

It's done. I hope it works fine. I had to sand blaster the external parts and painted them gold. So, now I have a 34 Pict3 GOLD carb :-) You can see the differences Before vs After.

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

João

Thats a good job. Bet you're pleased.

james

Reply to
Juper Wort

Very nice!! So when are you coming over to help me get the crud off my frame?? :)

Reply to
Remco

Not bad ! - Just the spring left to do ;-)

Rich

João

Reply to
tricky

just noticed too - you put the spring on backwards !

Nice job though - well done . Rich

Reply to
tricky

Thanks! I would like to visit US, so who knows! Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

I will try to find a new one! ;-)

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Well, let me know -- the coffee is always warm for you :)

Reply to
Remco

I think it will go back to the bottom of the ocean :-) It doesn't idle...and misfire I don't know if I will try to fix it or buy a new one. I have to look to my account. Maybe I can take this opportunity to put dual dellorto's split the case again, put an engle 110, 1910 pistons cylinders new heads... LOL

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Joao,

You did check to see that there was fluid going through all of the circuits with a solvent spray prior to assembling, right? Did you blow the thing out with compressed air, trying to hit as many of the passages as possible with the air?

If you cannot get it to hold an idle trying working your way up...take the mixture screw out a turn to a turn and a half, and take the bypass screw out two turns. If you can get it to run at all, even if it is a very fast idle, then you're on the right track. You can try to work it back down to 850-900rpm from there.

Setting the idle on the 34pict-3 is a little tricky. Don't expect it to be perfect after just one or two tries to set it.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

Can you image the surprised look on the face of a future Jacques Cousteau when he finds your carb on the bottom of the ocean a thousand years from now? :)

Reply to
Remco