New exhaust design by myself :)

here ya go.

It's all there, I'm too tired to write anything intelligent here right now so... go check it out and comment if you wish. And risk being ignored ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Looks cool. That paint you sprayed it with... it's high-temp stuff? You ever used it before? Looks really cool. Nice job. Tomorrow you should fill in the other exhaust cutout in the rear apron. :-)

"I can hammer it back into shape later." :wq!

Reply to
Shaggie

...;.and whats the excuse after you have rested??? ;-)))

....Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

Very cool! We GOT to get you to move to the USA! I got to believe we have someplace with weather as bad as yours; maybe Minnesota. 'course, the pay is better here, and the social benefits are ZERO.

Reply to
jjs

Jan you talk about me, you are just as much a madman. Nice work. I have been there and I am sure it was a lot of work. May I suggest supporting the muffler from the engine block. That size and weight are going to shake things loose, like maybe even a head. My monster muffler which I believe you have seen

extended 6" more on eachside. Putting each exhaust pipe dead center of each tire. I cut andrewelded. Each header is strapped to the block. Last year I passed a motorcycle shop that cleaned out all their exhausts. I took about 20 exhaustsystems all new and made of stainless that I believe were stock and thebike's owners upgraded before even firing them up. I made a few wildsystems for friends. One I called my Flash Gordon exhaust . It had finsall around the tail pipe and spike sticking out dead center in the middlelike a stinger. I added a flamethrower system that had it's owndistributor driven by an electric motor and it was attached to coil that hada wire to sparkplug right before the stinger spike. If you had a richexhaust it would put out an 8 foot flame. Rolling art. Jan tonight I added a boat chrome fill cap right on to the stock filler on my 74. It fits over and in the stock gas fill pipe. With three flat head Philip bolts it fits over the pipe. Then there is a flat screw-on cover that you use a big chrome key to open. It all fits under the stock door. I could not take the smell of gas on hard turns.

Joe

"Gary Tateosian" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Joe Cali - Next Generation-USA

I screw up!! this is the gas fill I got.

it was cheap. When I get my camera going I will post a photo of it inthe car. Joe

Reply to
Joe Cali - Next Generation-USA

Reply to
Douglas

I knew that colour looked familiar! It is Wurth Stainless Steel Spray - it heat rated up to 275C IIRC (higher for short periods). I have used it on the brake drums on my Daihatsu Max (I'm a Wurth rep, and saw it in our catalogue and thought I would try it). It sets as hard as hell!

Allan :-)

Reply to
Allan Williams

I knew that colour looked familiar! It is Wurth Stainless Steel Spray - it heat rated up to 275C IIRC (higher for short periods). I have used it on the brake drums on my Daihatsu Max (I'm a Wurth rep, and saw it in our catalogue and thought I would try it). It sets as hard as hell!

Nice work BTW Jan!!!

Allan :-)

Reply to
Allan Williams

I knew that colour looked familiar! It is Wurth Stainless Steel Spray - it heat rated up to 275C IIRC (higher for short periods). I have used it on the brake drums on my Daihatsu Max (I'm a Wurth rep, and saw it in our catalogue and thought I would try it). It sets as hard as hell!

Nice work BTW Jan!!!

Allan :-)

Reply to
Allan Williams

I knew that colour looked familiar! It is Wurth Stainless Steel Spray - it heat rated up to 275C IIRC (higher for short periods). I have used it on the brake drums on my Daihatsu Max (I'm a Wurth rep, and saw it in our catalogue and thought I would try it). It sets as hard as hell!

Nice work BTW Jan!!!

Allan :-)

Reply to
Allan Williams

Yes.

No, the paint shop that sold it to me said it's a new product that was just released. "Stainless steel in a can", yea right... :) But the manufacturer is well known for it's VERY high quality products. I had to try. Time will tell how well it performs.

Thanks :)

HAhahaha! No way!

I'll buy two new tips (even shinier than this) and make them both breathe for real :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Ummm.. I'm busy. Need to leave for work. (two hours ago)

:D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

heh heh

Well, I'm not a very sociable person so the social benefits are of no interest to me

:D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

and it was cheap. When I get my camera going I will post a photo of it in> the car.

Sweeet! Definitely your style too.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I thought about that after reading your post this morning, and I realized that teh muffler may be about teh same weight (or less) as a stock heat exchanger. Which I left out. And the weight is carried by the exact same exhaust port studs as it would be with a heat exchanger. I think I'm pretty close to zero change. And my J tubes are secured better than stock heat exchangers anyway, I did away with the stupid doughnut gaskets and the J tubes now attach to the header with a 2-bolt flange joint, which accepts the stock exhaust port metal gasket. Rigid as hell, and guaranteed zero leaks.

How did you do that?

I thought about that too, on several occasions.. at bike shows etc. (last one I went to was last weekend!)

Hahahahahaha you nutter!! I've wanted a flame thrower for years, just haven't done it yet. It would also act as a smokescreen when I'd inject something other than gasoline. Diesel works somehow, and paraffine oil should be about the best smokescreen there is :) (Certain army tanks use it)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Drove the car for about an hour this morning at around 60mph, and the first bend that meets the collector had changed color, it turned gold. No flaking.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Hmmm... that's not too bad. Maybe I could paint my entire 2.0 turbo type 4 with it (after I finish the building of it :-)

Allan

Reply to
Allan Williams

And carry a sidearm.

Reply to
jjs

Mufflers just slow you down. Why not merge two on each side and pipe it straight out the back?

that's just a poseur, but I like the Fat look.)

Reply to
jjs