heater matrix, 1984 110

Does anyone know if the waterflow through a heater matrix on a 1984

110 is constant or switched to flow only when the control is set to hot (warm) ?

I'm thinking of re-routing the pipes to go around the fuel filter so thinning this biodiesel I'm starting to use (it does help and they sell their own gubbins to warm it, but I'm a yorkshireman so looking for a cheaper way).

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

If it's anything like my 1989 formerly TD 2.5, now NA 2.5D, it's constant.

Easiest test, is disconnect one of the pipes, and run the car on tickover for a couple of mins with heating off, if water come out, there ya go, it flows all the time.

2B honest I'm sure that's the same for most vehicles, the heater matrix is in the system all the time.. May be wrong there tho.

Reply to
Me

The 110 (and 90), as far as I know, right from the start to current, are like most if not all current cars - continuous flow through the heater core, and rely on air flaps to divert air around the matrix when you want cold - which is part of the reason why it is never really cold. (Another part of the reason is that it is right over/behind the exhaust manifold on almost all engines ever fitted to this vehicle.) JD

Reply to
JD

Twas Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:38:22 +1000 when JD put finger to keyboard producing:

Thanks fellas.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.