New tires just arrived

I'm so excited!! 255/60R-15's... I'm going to get 'em put on today & I'm gonna see how the dry traction is.. noise levels on highway.. etc are. They are Yokohama Avid S/T's

-Mike

--

98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears w/ new bearings & shims Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch
Reply to

OMFG...... the tires fill up the wheel-wells VERY nicely. 255/60R-15. WOW... this car has never seen such traction! I didn't wanna tear into 'em yet... I just put 'em on lol. Oh boy.. these are going to be FUN. I got a hellacious bark outta 2nd gear though.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

Sounds like fun Mike. Don't burn them up too fast. lol excobra boy

Reply to
cobra boy

I won't... lol. Man, that blows a/b your car... are you gonna restore it? or just get a new car? Is your mind set on whatever already? *sigH* I'm sorry dude.. that sucks nuts a/b your car.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset
15's ??????

good thing that girls look at the size of a man's hands instead of his tires

*giggle, snikker*
Reply to
SVTKate

Yeah 15's... I like 'em a lot better. These tires are HUGE, Kate =).

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

Really good tires.. those with great traction.. wouldn't yield a "hellacious bark outta 2nd gear" unless you're packing some hellacious horsepower and torque. If so watch out for broken transmissions and axles.

LJH

95GT (with Goodyear F1 GS-D3s.. and no longer getting hellacious barks out of 2nd with 430 hp stroker. Just goes like the bitch that it is!)

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

Larry, I just got 3.73 gears installed.. and I could never bark 2nd before (*maybe* once or twice). So "hellacious bark" may not seem as "hellacious" to you... but I launched w/ these new tires & they GRIP. I know I contradicted myself sort of.. but I *can* bark 2nd pretty well... My buddy Stan has Daytona 245/50ZR-16's & he can bark the piss outta 3rd.. doesn't mean they don't grip.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

"can" bark and "hellacious" bark are VERY different things. ;-)

LJH

95GT

255/60R-15.
Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

Yes. It's "hellacious" to me... but I just got the gears less than 2 weeks ago... and when you couldn't bark at all.. and now can... it's impressive to me ;). Keep in mind I spit out $460.. so you can imagine I'm being optimistic. How about this.. I *can* bark 2nd.. and I like it ;). It's not easy to... but I *can* ;D.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

"hellacious"

Reply to
<memset

Yea... well... you know what they say... size doesn't matter, it's performance that counts.

LMAO!

| > good thing that girls look at the size of a man's hands instead of his | tires | > *giggle, snikker* | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

LOL... that's right dammit!! Or at least that's what I'll tell the ladies :P.. lady really...

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

To quote Jeff Foxworthy from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour...

"(quoting a woman) 'Oh honey, it's not the size of the ship, it's the motion of the ocean'.... which might be true, but I know it takes a long time to get to England in a rowboat."

:-)

JS

Reply to
JS

lmfao!

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

15's? Did you get new wheels also?

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. Bright Atlantic Blue K&N FIPK, Tri-Ax, 3.73's, FRPP Coated Shorties, SpeedCal, P&P 2K Heads, 2K Intake, Bassani X-Pipe and Cat-Back, Subframe Connectors, JMS Chip, Eagle Alloy Wheels
bluestang98

Yeah... they're off my old 95 V6 Mustang. I like 'em better. My brother gave the old 95 V6 to me a while back... then I ended up giving it back to him.. and now he gave the wheels to me b/c he got diff ones.. argh.. it's a long, complicated story. I like the 15's though ;).