New Year's Chat

I realize by seeing my name most of you won't even bother reading this but you should if you plan to go to the New Year's Eve chat. Last night Bill B tried to connect to Undernet.org and join me in the ramva room. The site wouldn't connect him. I had the same problem quite often so I downloaded mIRC and haven't had a problem since. Bill also got mIRC last night and he can tell you it's a very fast download and simple to use. It also basically guarentees connection.

You can get it for FREE at

If you decide to get it, you can download and install in minutes, but there are some things you should know. It will prompt you for your name and e-mail adress. Give fake ones, don't use your real name. Also, on the same screen there will be a place on the left side that says Category: and lists several things. You want to open up the thing that says servers and select an Undernet server, doesn't really matter which one as long as it say Undernet in it. Hit connect to server and you're in like Flynn. Then it will give you a list of chats to choose from. ramva room isn't on that list, so in the space at the top just put in #ramva and hit the join button. Ta-da! You're done.

Kidd "A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd

...................Are you kidding?.......lol

............I read almost everyone's post almost all of the time.......almost.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Whoops! I forgot to check who posted that message before reading it! DRAT! ;)

Reply to
mez

I should have responded to this a couple of days ago. Sorry Kidd for the delayed reaction. I was the skeptic last year that said that we should go with the chat at STF because I did not want to have to download some F*&%'N software just to chat. Last year we did not start out in IRC, but the chat room crashed after 15 or so people were there, so we ended up moving it mid chat. The software took about a minute to download, and I connected right away with it. If you don't want it on your comptuer, just delete it after the chat is over. :o) Bill Berckman Ramva 24 hour VW Chat New Years Eve.

VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures

Bill Berckman