Are we having a new years chat?

Just trying to figure out my schedule, and I've been neglecting you guys latley ;p

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn" 58 Panel Van "Selah"
Reply to
BugBum

...............uh oh................And what, my dear, do you suggest for a proper place for this annual event this time?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Before we get into the argument we had last year my vote is for MIRC again. It is easy to set up the channel again if it's been abandoned and all the instructions should still be on the website from last year.

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum

..............I've learned my lesson. MIRC sounds great!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

.............btw.............callook.com can host this guy for new years:

Tim Rogers

Hey Tim I learned an interesting thing about oranges.

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum

Anna wrote:

That brings up the debate from the past. Do we have it on IRC, or a web based chat room. We tried having on the STF chatroom last year, and it got overloaded, so we ended up going to IRC. I just checked the STF chatroom, and it looks like they have a new one this year. Only thing with this one is that you have to be a member of STF to use this one, and you have to be logged in. Not sure how many people this one will hold before it crashes and burns. The New Years chat is always a blast. Not something you would have time for everyday, but once in a while it is cool. Jan stayed in the chat room for 24 hours straight one year. He missed work the next Monday because of it, but you have to set your priorities, and his priorities were in the right place. :o) Seems like someone else consumed a large quantity of alcohol during the last chat, but can't remember who. We will have to get Shaggie back for the chat. He can post links in the chat to what type spicy of food he has cooked up and what type of liquid he is drinking. Perhaps we could have an online game of Quarters during the chat Remember that little drinking game with the shot glass from college.Have not played that one in over 20 years. Everyone would have to be honest about weather they got the quarter in the glass or not, and weather they actually took a drink. Ramva members under 21 could subsitute Orange Juice or Coke instead of Budweiser. :o)

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

..........................heh heh..............You better save this for new years Anna. We don't want Perdue to have a stroke.

..............Whatever it is with oranges, I better make sure that my wife never figures out MIRC...........lol

timmy

Reply to
Tim Rogers

.................I'm so confused. Yes, it was STF that f#*ked up last year. Maybe it was callook at some earlier new years. My screen name at last year's chat was STFLoser and maybe it was me that got plastered.........I can't remember.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

...........BTW Bill.............I haven't forgot about you and maybe I'll be able to 'get to work' later on this week.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Depends where in the world you are! lol

Reply to
Howard Rose

That sounds fun! I had to miss it last year, but I'll try my best to get there this year.

Is is possible to set up an IRC web-based interface? I know some people may not want to go and download the software.

Reply to
Howard Rose

Are there clear instructions somewhere about how to get into that IRC chat? I'd love to join this year.

Ant

Bill Berckman wrote in this freaking newsgroup:

Reply to
Ant

STF....

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

the way my work schedule is going (hectic to say the least) i may be at work on new years........so anna go ahead with it, so i don't miss it...hehe

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

if you need me to refresh your memory just let me know.......always glad to help a fellow out...hehe

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Hehehehehe that was a blast :)

Hey, as I said before :) there's also a web interface for IRC. If we have our chat room on undernet, we can use either the free mIRC program (I love it) or go to

and log in from there. I will most likely be online most of the time... :) Hell maybe another Marathon Chat would be in order.. :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan

I suggest we host it on Undernet, they have a web interface ready at

Jan

Reply to
Jan

"BugBum" wrote

Well, post that picture of you in the silver bra, g-string and stilettos and we'll let it slide, this time.

:-)

Reply to
Scott H

"BugBum" wrote

I vote mIRC again too. It was really easy to use last year, although I wasn't able to chat very much. And yes, Tim, you were the drunk loser. :)

Reply to
Scott H