OT: ARNOLD WINS !

.................Shazamm!

..........Apparently, the politicians in California are so despised by the voters there that they (the voters) have turned to an Austrian bodybuilder turned actor turned public servant to lead them as state governor. It's a weird commentary on how screwed up the politics can get in this country. I'm not anti-Arnold and maybe he'll do some good, who knows? I just hope that the rest of the clowns in the two major parties draw a lesson from this and remember that there's a price for being insensitive to the concerns of the citizenry. Who would have ever thought back in the seventies that Conan the Barbarian would someday be governor of California!

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 23:37:36 -0400, "Tim Rogers" shared the following:

Oh golly. Really? Kinda funny to hear it on ramva from Timmy of all people... FIRST... when I spend hours every day watching cnn.com and drudgereport.com and fark.com and persiankitty.com and .... Oh... Not that last one. You know what I mean, though. Wow. It really was a TOTAL RECALL. I look forward to reading the details tomorrow from a more reputable news source. No offense intended, Tim. :-D

-- Travis FOR SALE: '63 VW Camo Baja... $1000 *FIRM*

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 00:10:40 -0400, travis ran around screaming and yelling:

LOL...yeah right... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I'm still in shock. I want to move to another state. I can't believe this happened. Oust the governor for the state senate's lack of responsibility on the budget. Yeah, Davis did screw-up with the power deregulation plan, but not worth a recall.

So where do I sign to begin the recall on ahhhnald? Let's get this circus really spinning. At least both propositions got shot down... Good riddance.

Oregon is too rainy.. Arizona is kinda hot.. Colorado is beautiful... hmmm.. Ok, Colorado.. hmmm. I need a career move anyways.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Who knows, he might be president some day. After all, Reagan did it.

Reply to
Max Welton

Argh! We have enough of you people already!

Look, we got no ocean. And it snows. Your favorite body parts will freeze up and fall off. If your VW needs parts you'll have to make them yourself with simple hand tools.

And ... and ...

Argh!

Reply to
Max Welton

Get ready, here we come.

Hint: UPS and FedEx...

Ahhnald and an Enron deal?

Vote count:
Nice barn (perfect for the vw workshop):

David Gravereaux

And the negative factors would be . . . ?

Reply to
Oldbie

Reply to
Ben Boyle

...........Ok you guys who have been posting to this OT thread, Shaggie wants all of you to go on over to cnn.com so that you'll be getting the real truth from a reputable source. I was watching one of the networks and thought that it was an amazing situation yesterday............whew!..........maybe I'm not 'authorized' to post any stupid OT crap on this ng because someone else already has that job.

.........now where is that smiley face that I sometimes put in this spot

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 07:28:05 -0400, "Ben Boyle" shared the following:

I've read that "things have been set in motion" to introduce the changes needed to make it so that is not a requirement anymore... No, sorry....don't have a source for that in front of me but I swear I'm not making it up... Maybe even after he does his time as governor of California... He'll be baaaack.

-- Travis FOR SALE: '63 VW Camo Baja... $1000 *FIRM*

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

"Tim Rogers" wrote

When I read the subject, I naturally assumed that you were talking about Arnold Drummond:

:o)

Reply to
Scott H.

I expect Jesse Ventura to move to California real soon now.

Reply to
jjs

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:02:10 -0400, "Tim Rogers" shared the following:

I was just kiddin', Tim.

-- Travis FOR SALE: '63 VW Camo Baja... $1000 *FIRM*

that soak into your ears are whispered, not yelled.

:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 23:37:36 -0400, "Tim Rogers" shared the following:

The very, very sad flaw in that observation is "the citizenry" which in this case is one odd lot of very stupid, greedy, ignorant human beings. California is so screwed up because nobody wants to suffer a bit to make things right. Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die. They want it all, and they want it right away. That does not work. Hollywood does write the physical laws of economics.

When I look at the taxes I pay to live in the community I do and see how much less I'd pay in California it looks just terrible - but then the quality of life, the high standards of education, the community services, the high morale of the whole community with support for everyone here is worth the extra taxes. I'll pay dearly NOT to be like California. California is going down the toilet.

Reply to
jjs

Damn. Larry Flint got more votes than Gary Coleman. Gary should have been Governor.

Neil

Reply to
Neil

Actually Jesse "the Gov" said a few weeks ago that Arnold was always a follower of his accomplishments.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Its to bad more actors didn't enter the contest. They could have rolled out the "red carpet" and made an "oscar" type of night out of it. I noticed Jay Leno and others standing behind arnold as he spoke.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

I don't think so, at least not without a Constitutional amendment allowing naturalized citizens to hold the office.

Look on the bright side, Jesse Ventura actually didn't screw up that badly.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel