OT: Carnival games -n- BB guns

OK getting close to telling my age here... Anybody remember the compressed air BB rifles used at the carnivals to shoot out the star? They had an air hose attached to them going to a compressor and for like a quarter or a carnie ticket you could try to shoot out the star on a paper target for a prize. Anyone know if they can be found anywhere or know if they have been outlawed? After all they were full automatic [weren't they?]. Can they be obtained legally in the US without a class III license?

So far I have been able to find airsoft BB guns. Don't they shoot plastic BB's?

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

Ha, I remember those, in fact I played that game last May when the carnival came through. Haven't seen guns like that for sale anywhere. What're ya shootin' anyway?!? I've had problems with dogs and "moose-sized" dumps on my lawn so I bought a semi-automatic paintball gun... shoots 8 shots per second with the powered auger in the hopper!! You can get fully automatic ones too but they're beaucoup bucks I reckon.

Gazza

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 03:49:51 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" scribbled this interesting note:

Stop, you. Step away from my Red Rider!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

Bring it on with that antique[ish] 280fps bb shooting thing. Set up the army men while I git my crossman 760b 625fps bb shooting thing out. One of these days I'm gonna weld up a BB trap with sittin ducks for targets... Maybe I should motorize it too....

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 02:40:03 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" scribbled this interesting note:

You should be warned that from about twenty yards with my Red Rider that I can reliably hit a sheet metal sunflower we have in our back yard!:~) (And no, I'm not gonna' put an eye out with that thing!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

I ain't gonna say what I practise on. It might upset some o them PETA members that's lurkin. ;-]

Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 03:16:31 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)" scribbled this interesting note:

Squirrels are little more than tree rats with bushy tails!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

Who said anything about squirrels? Which reminds me - I need to go out and cut the catnip down and dry some out...

Reply to

Some call it that.

Reply to