OT Is it wrong of me to think...

...that someone who drops their 10-year-old kid off with us at the last minute with a can of ravioli in her hand for her dinner so that they can go to a birthday party (that they've probably known about for a while) ... Nevermind. I feel like I'm a GREAT parent right about now. :-D Now where'd I put that belt?!?!?

Reply to
Shag

Whats up with the rail and the bike? No news for a long time..

Received two needle jets for my carbs from Factory Pro the other day,

77US$ for the two of them plus another 10,- in import taxes, righhht just what one needs...

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

To drive a car you have to first study a book and learn the laws of the road,.. then you have to proactice and pass a test,...

BUT ANY IDIOT CAN BE A PARENT!!!!!!!!

The only reason I can see this being OK is if their babysitter called in at the last minute. But to tell you the truth,.. I'm more concerned about the can of Ravioli,.. don't they love their Kid? .

Ken

Reply to
Ken

77US$ for the two of them plus another 10,- in import taxes, righhht just what one needs... ******************* JEEZE all of our jobs are going overseas (thanks to BUSH) and on top of that we have to pay import taxes too??? GREAT!!! You are in the US, right P.J.? ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Pardon my driving, I'm reloading.

Reply to
ThaDriver

..................PJ is in Norway and you might as well blame Bush for Norway's taxes & import duties. He gets the blame for everything else under the sun and in every country. He's quite a guy with supernatural powers that go beyond anything ever seen in the history of western civilization.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Norway's taxes & import duties. He gets the blame for everything else under the sun and in every country. He's quite a guy with supernatural powers that go beyond anything ever seen in the history of western civilization.

************** He's got FAR TOO MUCH POWER: his policies DIRECTLY caused my best friend to loose his job (of 29 years), then his home.... Ask any out of work person where their job went. Answer will most likely be china. Price of gas? Yeah supply & demand but all the while the oil giants are making RECORD PROFITS & then BUSH just passed an "energy bill" that gives them HUGE TAX SUBSIDIES!!!!!!! U-N-R-E-A-L!!!!!!! ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

Reply to
ThaDriver

I know of one case where a company in Sweden moved manufacturing to a country with a cheaper labor force and better tax breaks - the USA. :(

Reply to
johnboy

.............You're starting to make me think that there's hope for you after all John. But now Bush can be blamed for screwing the Swedish proletariat. Maybe next, we can pin that tsunami on him too. It's too bad that he wasn't around back when Kracatoa blew up.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Allow me to throw a huge log (that strangely looks like a huge stick of dynamite) on the fire. I refuse to entertain idiotic raving responses to the text below like I have in the past. I got this from another forum that I aggravate... uh, I mean "contribute to" and I'm not saying I agree or disagree. Just figured this would get a few of y'all frothing at the mouth and spewing opinions. Consider it a public health service, getting your heart rates going while you sit there in front of the computer. Enjoy. :-)

Things that make you think a little........

  1. There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January..... In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January.

That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq.

  1. When some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war, state the following

FDR...led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did.

From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman...finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us.

From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,334 per year.

John F. Kennedy. ..started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us.

Johnson...turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton...went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us.

Clinton was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing.

Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us:

President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but...It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick killing a woman.

Reply to
Shag

Don't you dare whine about gasoline prices. Not until you pay the 6.20 a gallon we do.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

At $6.20 we here in the US would be laying in the fetal position under their kitchen table, sucking our thumbs.

Anyone on this group working on that pesky cold fusion problem? If so, how's that going? (and does it adopt to a 1600 DP :)

Remco

Reply to
remco

Sorry Jan

Still not as much as we pay here in the UK !

rich

Reply to
Tricky

How much there, then? (Hey again, Rick, btw)

Reply to
remco

88% of our oil comes from Canada and Mexico. Our gas price should fluctuate much less depending on the OPEC oil price. It's rising now solely because the oil companies are greedy. It's not unlike the energy price hikes from a couple years ago in California.
Reply to
Michael Cecil

after all John. But now Bush can be blamed for screwing the Swedish proletariat. Maybe next, we can pin that tsunami on him too. It's too bad that he wasn't around back when Kracatoa blew up.

********** It's becoming apparent (well way past becoming) that you're one of the idiots that re-elected him in spite of rising gas prices!!! Are you in the oil business too (or just stupid)? And from your previous posts I thought you were a nice guy & maybe even somewhat intelligent.... ;^p ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

News Flash: APATHY RUNS RAMPANT - Nobody cares.

Reply to
ThaDriver

fluctuate much less depending on the OPEC oil price. It's rising now solely because the oil companies are greedy. It's not unlike the energy price hikes from a couple years ago in California.

Michael Cecil

*********** Exactly. At last someone with some intelligence here in the US.... (too bad we're in the minority in this country!!) ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

Why do they call it reckless driving if it causes wrecks?

Reply to
ThaDriver

...............Maybe I'm just a confused idiot. John McCain was my favorite candidate. Does that make me an intelligent but confused idiot? Oil prices are a sore subject for all of us except John Stafford who rides a frigging bicycle in Minnesota in the winter. There are a lot of phoney baloney liberals who went to the polls in three ton SUV's to vote against big oil. Screw those hypocrites. There aren't too many things that I really like about our President but putting the Taliban and the Iraqi Baathist Party out of business are two of them. I don't like his pro-Exxon & Haliburton & anti-Kyoto Treaty policies and I have no doubt that the root cause of those policies is corruption, pure and simple. If it were up to me, Tony Blair could move to the WhiteHouse and replace George W. Bush. I'm glad that John Kerry didn't weasel his way into power. Remember him wearing a brand new hunting outfit while doing a photo-op in a midwestern cornfield? That's the kind crap that no one needs. Fluff and trickery aimed at an ignorant electorate.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Yep! Uphill both ways! To add to that, after my very recent abdominal surgery, I was on the bike in 72 hours.

Hey, lighten up, Tim. When it comes time for you to cope with super-expensive gas you will probably do better than the folks around you because you are resourceful. It ain't about oil. It's about a person's core values, and you have the Right Stuff. I know that.

Reply to
johnboy

................I should lighten up. I'm actually a little bit lighter in the wallet after spending $52 to fill up the Lexus this past weekend. Now that we've got a break in this hot weather, I won't need the airconditioning and can drive the bug every day for awhile. There's too many hills around here for me to bicycle at my age. It would be fun to have a Lambretta like the one I had back in the sixties while in college but there's too many $#@^& SUV drivers with Kerry/Edwards stickers in back waiting to run me down.

Reply to
Tim Rogers