OT: Only in Finland

---------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks but my penis, breasts and mortgage have exactly the right size. Not interested in your spam

Reply to
Ant

yeah, they must have the same phone as me...

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

LOL. Don't forget the photos. A bunch of spectators too.

and don't forget the strict regulations.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

That's even crazier than the Cheese Rolling Festival we have over here :-D

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Are you aware, that we also have annual world championship competitions = for at least:

  • wife carrying
  • husband carrying
  • playing the air guitar
  • bathing in a sauna
  • boot throwing

... just to name few.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

he he :-D

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

The WC of air guitar wen't to USA to "Miri Park" this year. The videos = from the=20 first competition round in the finals can be found here (a freely = selectable song).

This was the 9th time they have that competition in the Music Video = festival of Oulu.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

We probably can't say much over here due to some of the wierd contests that go on. Here is a link to one of them.

While looking at that, I also found another site that is a wonder of modern internet engineering. You plug in your weight, and it tells you how many bottles of beer you need to drink, to drink your weight.
Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

You have to realize, Bill, that "Dayoopers" or "The UPers" or just "Yoopers" from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan are primarily of Finnish and other Scandinavian descent.

So it stands to reason that they would have wacky contests like theirs.

How do I know? My folks were from Marquette, MI. Land of the Yoopers.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

"Olli Lammi" wrote in news:chah0l$hs8$ snipped-for-privacy@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi:

You left out mosquito swatting. I heard that PETA made them cancel it this year, because the mosquitoes were so large and they would suffer inhumane treatment.

Reply to
cloud8

Yes, left that out. Also forgot to mention, we play ice hockey some times... ;P

Reply to
Olli Lammi