OT You read it here... first.

Well, I had to know. I did the baja thing and then decided to do the Jeep thing. Current plans now are to fix the latest breakage of the Jeep (busted front U-joint) and then sell it. I've decided I'm not a "Jeep guy." Next offroad project is going to be aircooled... but... it'll be a dirt-bike. I think that'll be fun, but a lot of the fun I have with the offroading stuff is taking the pictures and sharing the stories. I don't see that happening much with the dirt bike so I think that a few months after the novelty of the dirt bike wears off it will be time to look into getting another capable offroad vehicle, and it won't be a Jeep. I'm thinking something light, with a simple suspension and engine that would be easy to work on. Something I'm familiar with. Hmmm...

Reply to
Shaggie

Can't wait for LCB II stories to start pouring in :)

Oh, and by the way... WE TOLD YOU YOU WOULD

;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Next offroad project is going to be aircooled... but...

I do allot of dirtbiking, as do most of my friends, and the pictures/stories are abundant. Welcome to the Dark Side....

BTW, check out Rec.motorcycles.dirt for a good bunch of guys.

GaryT

Reply to
GaryT

Gald I could..........................you know the drill

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

You're going to get an old Suzuki Samarai?

Be sure to post some pics when you get it trail-worthy.

Reply to
Malcolm

One part of your stories have been your children offroading with dad and enjoying the ride. Getting a dirt bike will lessen their = possibilities=20 to enjoy. Standing on the ground beside the track: "Look there is daddy driving behind that hill and splashing dirt. I think I almost saw him."=20 The same time they could be on the back seat of your off-road ACVW,=20 cheering you to show to those puddles and hills of doom... ;)

Mink=E4 taakseen j=E4tt=E4=E4, sen edest=E4=E4n l=F6yt=E4=E4 ;)

Reply to
Olli Lammi

One part of your stories have been your children offroading with dad and enjoying the ride. Getting a dirt bike will lessen their possibilities to enjoy. Standing on the ground beside the track: "Look there is daddy driving behind that hill and splashing dirt. I think I almost saw him." The same time they could be on the back seat of your off-road ACVW, cheering you to show to those puddles and hills of doom... ;)

Unless he gets 3 dirt bikes. Wait - that's sexist. What would it be? -

5? -BaH
Reply to
Busahaulic

I've already thought this through. Each kid already has their own bicycle. I figure I can weld a piece of rebar to the back of my dirt-bike and then buy a rope for maybe $20 and cut it into 4 equal lengths and use those lengths of rope to connect each bicycle to the rebar rod I have welded to my dirt-bike and then just tow them all along on the trail. We could play "Let's see who drops first!" or "Let's see who gets tangled in the ropes and gets dragged on the trail!" and other fun games like that. That's just me. Always thinking about the kids.

Reply to
Shaggie

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:11:45 -0400, Shaggie ran around screaming and yelling:

if you get the dirtbike and mods done by this weekend I will be willing to try that...hehe...but you will have to hold my beer for me...LOL JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Try the Suzuki Brute, 360cc of air-cooled, 4 wheelin fun.....

BTW, it could be hauled around in the bed of a full size pickup...

GMR