Placing rear bearing on 69 swing axle

Hi

Can I drift the new bearing on my 69 swing axle bug in place using a tube and a hamer or will the cause damage to the transmission? Do I need to heat up the bearing?

Thanks,

Davy Coeman

69 bug 55 oval 67 SC
Reply to
Davy Coeman

Those bearings are usually not very tightly fitted. You may be surprised that it will simply slip into place. But if it needs a little help, a drift would be fine with light taps.

The alternative is to strip the tube and axle off .

Vic has a parts breakdown here:

And much more than you wanted to know here:

to:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks for the help Jim!