Re: air-cooled? it's really Oil cooled.

If it was just oil cooled then why does it have a fan?

that's what the radiator is about. > remember the dayz when the heated air off the "cooler" blew onto the 3rd > cylinder? > Dog House to the rescue. > -- > Money; What a Concept !
Reply to
Jim Ed

Jan Andersson

Oh I forgot to add fuel cooled. Sorry.

Jan Anderss>

Reply to
Jan Andersson

no... calling it oil cooled at all, in addition to the air cooling, is a stretch, and even Jan knows this...the oil cooler is necessary to cool the air, not the engine... engines with designed in intentions for the oil to help "cool" have many added features for the oil to be put where cooling is needed... The oil in our aircooled vw's is too cool the oil because of the heat it picks up while doing it's job, and that job is lubricating....

next you'll tell me a watercooled car is aircooled because air cools the radiator...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Actually ... they're just plain "cool"!

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

Oil-cooled engines pump oil through the heads. Look at the later BMW boxers for that.

Reply to
John Stafford