Re: Car insurance

I have allstate Money grubbers too.................They charge me a substantial amount more to insure my Beetle than they charge me to insure my Astro Van...............Not too sure I'd call it insurance really...............They definitely are not going to have me as a customer next renewal....................I can pay it all up front if need be....................They are charging me 232 bucks a month to insure a '97 Camry, A Beetle (71) and a 93 Astro.............Only full coverage is on the toyota, and my wife and I are both

40-ish...................no one else allowed to drive the cars either....................Ripoff.

I will be trying something new for the bug next time around, as I hardly drive it anymore. Mostly because I am running short on time to work on it and keep it roadworthy. The Astro Van takes almost no money to keep running for now, and the beetle needs an Engine rebuild...............(kid wore it out in just about a year )

I'm considering switching car insurance carrier - Allstate upped my premium >$100 for the third year in a row even though I've not made a claim or had a >ticket. I'm sure a lot of people have negative experiences w/ their >insurance company - but does anyone have recommendations for a half-decent >carrier? Currently, our two regular cars have collision + liability, and my >beetle has liability but no collision. It is not registered as an antique >or anything because I drive it to work. > >Thanks > >Charlie >Houston TX >'66 Bug "Whitey" >

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

no help here, i lost my low mileage discount because i changed my speedo in my vw, they said i drove 60000 miles in a month, insurance sucks, no matter what you do, your premium will always go up.

Reply to
Cletus

The rates also have to do with losses in the region. I do sure wish that my eldest son were on his own, insurance-wise. His two accidents and a ticket or two jacked up the rates on the entire family. HIS insurance alone is $3800/yr (DFW area). KWW

Reply to
KWW

OUCH!!!!

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

--------------------

Reply to
TerryB

OUCH!!!! is right!

--

Reply to
Ace

I have mine with Farm Bureau here in NC and have the following:

1996 S10 Full cov 2003 Pont. Montana full 1992 28' RV 1971 VW Convertible

Total annual bill: $1479 but i also have my house insured with them. I am

42 You should try it.

For whats its worth!

Reply to
Sam

Reply to
dlbusch1

Hah! Come to NY! For four vehicles I pay 4300.00 a year.(two summer,two winter)My wife and I only. Because my son,(in college)resides with us,he is considered a driver,LIKE IT OR NOT. When shopping around for new insurance,they asked if I'd had any tickets in the last five years.Well,in NY state the DMV only holds on to 3 years worth,so I have no points with them.The agent said I had a ticket 4.9 years earlier.so it might be more expensive. Then I was told that she couldn't help me at all because my credit rating was too low. Huh? WTF has that got to do with anything? Allstate now runs a credit check to add insult to injury. Has big business got too big? This citizen says yes!

Reply to
David V.N.

"Tim Rogers" wrote

Holy cow ... and I thought mine was high. For my wife and me for three vehicles (1996 Mitsubishi Galant, 1994 Chevy Blazer & the '72 Super) we pay around $1350 per year with State Farm.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

..................You southerners don't have as many Canadian truckers and New Jersey tourists as us upstate NYers.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

In Texas we have quite a few uninsured motorists - not all citizens - and (DFW area) a surprisingly high auto theft rate...especially for 91 - 97 Hondas. :(

Reply to
KWW

Isn't that a good thing? ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Worse than that , the theft rate is higher for 5 year or older Camry's and all pickups and I have a Camry , which by the way, last night we went to Chili's to eat and someone decided to back "there". car out and knock the drivers side mirror off of my car. I replaced it today for the low cost of $154 ...................and if I were to claim it on my insurance, they'd probably cancel my policy.

So Did I " ONE UP" anybody yet?.............LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

...............I have a $200 deductible so I wouldn't have had anything to claim. Usually, if the damage is less than $1000, I don't make a claim because it's more expensive in the long run if you have to go find another insurer and possibly end up paying a lot more for insurance. I did collect $6k for my Del Sol after my daughter totaled it and used it to buy a used ('96) Accord for the wife.

Reply to
Tim Rogers