Re: Ghia footwells-how to replace carpeting

Those cardboard pieces have a metal strip towards the door. Screws go through this strip and the cardboard into the side of the car. I think that you would need to install them before the carpet since you don't have access to the screws one the carpet is installed. I don't have the metal strip in front of me but I seem to recall a groove for the edge of the carpet to slip into. There is also a tubular piece of rubber covered in vinyl that is attached there also.

There are 'cardboard' panels with the levers for the floor heat vents. I > can't remember how they are installed. I'm guessing I glue the carpet to > them first, then some how the get attached, maybe glued to the car. > > Any ideas, sites, photos? > > TIA, > Mel > > 77 Revived Bug & 70 Ghia (being re-assembled) >
> PARTS FOR SALE:

Gary H