Removie Racers from the Front Drums?

I see how they do it on the Bug Me Video but that doesn't seem to work for me. Any ideas? I am ready to finish up the front brakes.

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

Steven,

The few times I've had to do this job I used a hammer and a punch to drive the old races out. There are two opposing notches on the interior of the bearing area that allow you to catch the edge of the race and push it out. You may not be able to see them if you don't remove the grease first but you can feel them. That's where you want to put the punch.

Strike on alternating sides and you can walk the races in/out of the drum. You'll know when they fully seat in the recess because the sound will change when you strike them. I seem to recall it taking me about

15 minutes per drum to get the races in/out.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

Thanks L:ast night I was trying to use a Flat Head Screwdriver and a wrench but tonight I used a hammer and better screwdriver The kind that sockets go into and was able to drive them out. May work on putting them back in tomorrow (The new ones). Going to watch the bug me video again to make sure I put them in right.

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87