Re: how long can I have POR15 open?

Hi

> >I've read that POR15 dries very quickly and once the can is open it >won't last too long. How long can I keep using a can of POR15 after is >open? one week? its the small can that comes in the starter kit. > >thanks >Ant

...if you put plastic between the lid and can I have had good luck with it lasting extended periods of time.

..Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

I use the same POR-15 gallon I opened maybe 3 years ago. I do use the plastic bag before the lid trick ALL of the time. I also dip the paint out with either a ladle or a plastic cup. I do not pour it out of the can.

I replace the lid ASAP too and NEVER pour in unused paint!! later, dave

Reply to
Dave

I have used the plastic wrap on the por15 also with good results but a warning. A couple of years ago I thought I would buy their pkg of little plastic screw top cans cause I only used small amounts at a time. Imagine my surprise when I opened the last 3 after a winter in my basement and found them "set up" in the sealed plastic jars. I mean solid!

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

i used the plastic trick but always seemed to have a thin crust to scrape off. leave it open and in a few days it will be solid!

Reply to
Jim Buys