Re=install radio

Just had a new battery put in. My radio has to be reinstalled. I have the code#, but forget how to go about putting it in. An help would be so appreciated.

Bevquitt

Reply to
bevquitt

Hi! I have a 1973 'non Super' Beetle.

A previous owner had altered the metal around the stereo opening.

I still had to straighten the metal edges a little.

I had to remove the fresh air control knobs assembly to get my stereo to fit.

I removed the fresh air control box. I removed the cables and used clear rtv sealant to glue the doors on each side shut.

I never used it anyway. The hoses were not connected since the dash vents were removed. I had to remove them when I installed dash gauges. There was not enough room.

With the dash knobs assembly removed it was fairly easy to get the stereo in.

It angles down a little. There is enough clearance between the bottom of the wiper motor and arms.

Now I just have to figure out a way to get the dash knobs back on, not to use, but to make it look good.

After I got the stereo in, I put a thin piece of weatherstripping around the hole by pushing it in with a puddy knife. That would have been easier before installing the stereo.

Here are some more tips I found while searching this group.

Reply to
Loosenutbehindthewheel