Re: JC Whitney shocks?

Tom,

JCW catches a lot of bad press (some of it deserved) but they do have some pretty good, name-brand stuff. As far as the shocks go, as long as they are not made in Brazil or Mexico they should be fine.....and as long as your talking a stock VW suspension and stock ride/handling. The front of a T1 is so lightly loaded that you really don't need (or want) heavy-duty or, worse, gas-charged shocks. I bought a set of Gabriel "Red Riders" (their cheapest gas shocks) from my FLAPS and they are way too much for the front end. Best combo is gas charged for the rear and straight oil-only shocks for the front.

Hope this helps....

Mike '73 Kasanrot Kafer

JC Whitney shocks (made by Gabriel) for 52-79 VW Beetle are only $8.88ea. > Are these any good?, or is it "you get what you paid for." > Stock 66 vw beetle. > -tom > > >
Reply to
Mike