Re: Stupid drivers...

I don't know about Texas, but they just enacted the law here in Illinois and yes, someone got a ticket the other day for obstructing the left lane on the

290. He was going only 70!

Charles in Palatine

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

On 19 Nov 2003 04:50:50 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comPANTS (Chris Perdue) scribbled this interesting note:

Precisely. That is why I had to finally comment since our *favorite* VWGirl keeps harping on how it is so illegal everywhere to drive in the left hand lane!

Thanks for re-stating my point. You never know when something, phrased in exactly the right way, will finally make sense!

John Willis

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:35:35 -0500, "VWGirl" scribbled this interesting note:

Again, I have never heard of anyone I know nor anyone they know (and so on) ever having the pleasure of being ticketed for this. In Texas. And yes, there are signs posted. Just like there are speed limit signs (which are more suggestions than anything else.)

Hope this helps.

John Willis

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:35:29 GMT, "Charles Fregeau" scribbled this interesting note:

That is the point of the law. It has for as long as I can remember been illegal to obstruct the flow of traffic in Texas and for as long as I can remember there have been signage that reads something like "Slower Traffic Keep Right." Those signs make no mention of speeds, but that the slower vehicles must not obstruct the left lane for faster moving traffic.

John Willis

glad i could help?....LOL anyway, good to see you here John...you must be busy...but that is good...but please keep in touch...ramva misses its "regulars" when they stay away too long...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

That's retarded. "Back in black. It's a fact."

Reply to
Kidd

"Impeding the flow of traffic" "Back in black. It's a fact."

Reply to
Kidd

so is an empty post containing "that's retarded"

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

ya know it really is hard to follow what you are talking about when you randomly blurt out things like this... I have NO idea what you are replying to... nor do I know what's "retarded"

Reply to
VWGirl

In the states I'm most familiar with, having had a driver's license or done a lot of driving in each:

Illinois has always had Slower Traffic Keep Right signs. Missouri had signs to keep right except when passing, even on Interstate roads. Arkansas had signs to keep right, too. Except they wanted the trucks to use the LEFT lanes, since they had pretty much wore out the right ones, and since Slick Willie sucked the state treasury dry, there was little money for repairs.

Charles in Palatine.

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

I love driving. That is why I love so many different cars and trucks. I've held licenses in several states, countries including Japan and military. I can say that I have been put in dangerous situations by stupid drivers disobeying laws in every country and state I've ever driven in. It's not the laws that kill ya.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Blame aol's stupid reader progs that can't quote?

Kidd you need to figure out a way to quote the original text with your replies, it's kinda confusing to read replies that are just floating out there alone with no way to see what the message is you are replying to. My stupid Netscape lost it's ability to show links to previous messages in thread with the latest upgrade. Argh. Maybe there's a "switch" somewhere in there.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I don't know about the rest of the group but in the Chicago area, speed limits should be called speed suggestions, they are observed only in the breach by 99% of the drivers.

Charles of Palatine.

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

aol's newsreader can quote, and is actually easy to use...lets you highlight only the text you want to quote then you click the "quote" button...easy as pie, and is better (*IMHO) than quoting the entire text....