Re: Stupid drivers...

One I used with my prelude(front wheel drive) was to touch the brakes with my left foot to make the brake lights come on, jerk on the E-brake to lock up the rear wheels and make lots of noise and smoke and stomp on the gas at the same time to keep my speed up. Worked like a champ. Didn't slow down a bit but they sure did. Nothing wakes you up like brake lights and screeching tires. Probably illegal but I maintained my speed so they didn't hit me. LOL I miss that car. LOL

Reply to
DougnKaren

On 17 Nov 2003 15:28:15 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Kidd) shared the following:

Just be careful when pumping gas. They're hiding AIDS-infected needles in the handles now so you can get stuck and get AIDS! :-O *runs for cover*

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Does anyone remember when it used to be illegal to pass a car on the right side? In PA it was like that anyway. Then I could see someone flashing their lights at a left lane slow poke but now a days there is no such thing as a passing lane!

Reply to
DougnKaren

Its legal to pass on the right in PA and VA Its also illegal to flash you lights at someone in VA. They have a few identifying signs of road rage in VA and they have stiffened the fines pretty good. Flashing the lights and giving the finger are both cause to be ticketed for the ROAD RAGE law. I like the law personally. Just glad its not retroactive.

Reply to
DougnKaren

Oh that's a good one!!!!! Might have to try that in my Jetta...... need new tires anyway.

Reply to
Mac

Just a seconds worth is all it takes. Wish I had a video camera on some of those brush offs. LOL

It was very effective.

Reply to
DougnKaren

This is what I do to the brain-dead tailgaters: Strategy 1: I put on my right turn signal as if I am turning (which I am not). They always back off. Then they inch their way up again. That's when I turn on the left turn signal on. They back off once again. This would go on a few more times, til they catch on.

Strategy 2: I put my windshield washer on and let it splatter ALL over their DIRTY windshield and pray they don't have any fluid in their washer. Then when they go to wipe off their dirty windshield with the little sprinkle I left on it, it only leaves a dirty film. Now they can't see shit in front of them. A-HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!

Strategy 3: ( I use this one when I just am too tired to have fun) I move my rear-view mirror up so I can't see the idiot tailgater behind me.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I really have fun doing this. Besides not getting pissed and aggrevated, I am really not driving irradically or causing any harm to other safe and normal drivers.

Here is my webpage of our '65 and '63 bugs:

theaboo1961

Ummm.... you guys are talking about something TOTALLY different... I wouldnt know what to think if someone driving past me flashed their lights to pass me... would just think they are dumb...

Have you not ever noticed the semi truck drivers seem to do it to let the other drivers know it is okay to get in front of them... and i think they are mostly the ones that use their lights...

There are lots of things in FL that are not enforced... how many times has your cop roommie pulled someone over for having a license plate cover or frame? those are illegal too... and those lights on the wiper nozzles are illegal... and I can go on... just cause it's not enforced doesn't make it legal... and most cops ya ask don't know half the laws in the books...

Just know you CAN get a ticket if they want to give you one for it... and the passing on the wrong side is an EXTREMELY big deal in TX.. but the law is the same in FL

Reply to
VWGirl

Cup of coffee, water or pop. Hold out window and toss straight into the air.

Randy

RSMEINER

I need my 4x4 to sit and kill grass!

Reply to
VWGirl

NO NO NO!!! they put acid on the phones so you get addicted...

err something...

Reply to
VWGirl

I think it was on the radio I heard that someone made like a peice of carboard and taped it to their middle finger cause they got caught and fined for giving the finger... so they censored it like on tv :-D

Reply to
VWGirl

there's not?

Reply to
VWGirl

yep...and VA also has a law that says holding up *anyone* in any lane other than the far right lane is illegal...doesn't matter if you are going over the speed limit, under, or right on, if they want to go faster than you and you don't move to the right, you are impeding traffic...rarely enforced, and mainly enforced for the passing lane(far left) but a law none the less....heard a judge in traffic court once that explained it perfectly...a teen driver(acting like a prick) decided he would match the speed of the car in the right lane while traveling in the passing lane...he argued that "i was going 65 in a 55 so i wasn't about to move over and let them go" and the judge told him flat out "you are *not* a police officer, and it is not *your* job to police the people" "guilty" and a slap of the gavel left the young driver almost crying....

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

now that has *never* happened before....LOL.....i was thinking you were talking about the old "brake check"....

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

well some people just aren't the brightest bulb in the box....

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

how in hell did you get that he was telling you what *YOU* need from his statements?...sounds as if you have a guilty conscience....

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

I was taught to flash the brights for a moment before passing and once during the pass, but mainly on two-lane roads. It is was also the rule, or tradition in England when I lived there. Very common.

I still flash my headlights for trucks that are passing - when they are clear to pull in, and they acknowledge the favor by flashing their rear running lights.

It's a good idea. I can hardly believe this is news to someone.

Reply to
jjs

A officer pulled a guy over, found crack on him, and ended up in court to explain his justification for stopping the perp. He said "The defendant drove by me and gave the International Police Assistance Sign (IPAS), so I stopped him." The defense attorney asked him what an IPAS is. The cop mumbled quietly. "WHAT IS THE IPAS!" the attorney demanded, and the cop held up his middle finger right in his face, "This is the IPAS, sir!"

Love it.

Reply to
jjs

the problem for ME in virginia is that almost everything that everyone else has suggested is *illegal*....throwing anything *from* or *at* a moving vehicle in virginia is a felony....and signaling then not turning (as another poster suggested) is also a good way to get a ticket...virginia has really been cracking down on drinking while driving so they love all these laws (impeding traffic, failing to turn after signaling, no seatbelt, etc) are used for "just cause" to stop you.....