rebuilding my calipers now-jeesh-are pads even AVAILABLE? &other rarities

I'm rebuilding my 71 ghia single pin, single bleeder calipers (assumed to be original). but, had a brainflash today - oh jeesh! are new pads even _available_ for the single pin calipers anymore? my pads are 'good' now, but, why bother if this is the LAST set of pads they'll ever see, ay?

if replacement caliper pads aren't available, wuddaheckamIdoin? I've been lookin' at pretty much ALL the online sellers of VW parts now, big and small, new and old, daily, for weeks, and don't recall seeing those single-pin pads....yet....so, umm, can I reline my own pads? & what's the big seekie to that? how's the pad held to the backplate? a good epoxy glue? or do I just 'drill a new center hole' in '2 hole' pads? or are the 2 holers even the same 'otherwise dimensionally' as the 'one holer' pads?

& speakin' of rarities - for the old glass-covered beetle headlight assemblies, are the headlite gaskets (one chrome ring to glass, and another chrome ring to body gasket) available for those anywhere? it's my understanding WCM is either 'lying low', or maybe 'goin' under', or 'circling the wagons' or something...so, are there any other sources for those?

thanks guys :-)

Reply to
bill yohler