removing door window glass on ghia?

I've stripped a 1966 karmann ghia door... except for the glass and am not sure how to get the glass out. The bottom of the glass has some metal with rubber inserts wrapped around it. Does the glass just slide out of this assembly, or do I need to pry this apart, or what?

thanks

Reply to
Walter Singer

That metal stays with the glass (at least on others cars I've deal with) -- it is usually held to regulator (window winder mechanism.with a couple of

10mm bolts.
Reply to
Wolfgang

Just did that on my '68. I spent 1 1/2 hrs trying to remove the metal and rubber insert with no luck. Once I removed the weather stripping and chrome the whole assembly slid up through the now wider slot in the top of the door. My problem was the fact the the PO did not install the chrome strip right and every time it rained the door got water in it, rusting out the regulator and metal clip that hold the window in.

Jim Nelson

Reply to
Jim Nelson